Mapping Services To Channels

• Hopefully a straightforward answer to this one - I am manually mapping just the channels I want from the services list in TvHeadend, however there are lots of duplicate services e.g. "Channel 4 HD" has 12 services. Should I map more than one of these to one channel, or is there a way to see in the services list which one I should map?

Thanks for any advice!

• Hopefully a straightforward answer to this one - I am manually mapping just the channels I want from the services list in TvHeadend, however there are lots of duplicate services e.g. "Channel 4 HD" has 12 services. Should I map more than one of these to one channel, or is there a way to see in the services list which one I should map?

Thanks for any advice!

They are constantly referred to as “duplicates”. They are in fact regional variations. Decide which region you wish to retain and then disable the remainder in the Services tab. Full details can be seen here under transponder number 10714 H

Astra 2E/2F/2G at 28.2°E - LyngSat

• Thanks for the quick reply. So are they regional variations on other channels as well? For example 4seven has 2 or 3 services. Seems weird that there'd be regional variations for channels like that.