Trying to move to RPi4 again

• I gave up on moving from my dual RPi3 to an RPi4 4GB last year. I'm about to have another go. I intend to run TVHeadend server & client as well as watch films through Kodi. I've tried Kodi (no TVHeadend) and it seems fine. Is there any reason I shouldn't run TVHeadend client & server on the same Pi?

• I gave up on moving from my dual RPi3 to an RPi4 4GB last year. I'm about to have another go. I intend to run TVHeadend server & client as well as watch films through Kodi. I've tried Kodi (no TVHeadend) and it seems fine. Is there any reason I shouldn't run TVHeadend client & server on the same Pi?

Absolutely none. What tuner if any are you running with TVH.

• This should work fine (running Kodi + TVHeadend client & server on a RPi4).

What problems did you have when you tried to move to a RPi4 last time?

You could also keep the TVHeadend server running on your RPi3 and move to the RPi4 form Kodi & TVHeadend client.

• petediscrete

Haupagge dual

mattrude

"What problems did you have when you tried to move to a RPi4 last time?"

I tried to use v11 nightlies and they weren't ready - SAMBA was the first big stumbling block, fast forward / rewind didn't work, the TV remote didn't work. When they were sorted out the picture quality wasn't as good as the RPi3 so I decided to shelve things for a while. Quick tests show picture quality is good, forward/rewind is working. I still need to check for other bits and pieces but it looks as though the release version (even as a beta) is good to go.