Posts by mattrude

Awake It sounds like that is just the name of the drive. You can rename the drive in Linux (and LibreELEC) with e2label.

Assuming you wish to change drive sdb1 run the following command.

Code
    e2label /dev/sdb1 new-label-name-here

If you don't know what the device to use, you can see them via the df -h command.

You may also rename the drive via Windows by right mouse clicking on the drive and choosing to format it (but reformatting will delete all data on the drive) and entering a new Volume Name.

@arhodiewithsoul, I think your best bet, assuming you have the hardware, is to setup a media server, using Ubuntu or Windows, for the storage of you content then connect to it with LibreELEC via SMB (samba).

This will also allow you to expand your setup in the future easier (ie. a second TV).

As far as the drives spontaneously having this issue, either the system was writing data to the drives during a power outage (most likely) or other event that caused the write to not correctly finish, or the drives may just be getting old.

Hi arhodiewithsoul,

It looks like your hard drives are formatted as NTFS and are being marked as "dirty" by the system (meaning the system has decided they are having issues and flipped a flag to have them checked).

NTFS is a Windows format and LibreELEC dose not have the needed utilities to check and repair any problems on these drives.

From your Logs:

When you run the check/repair on the drives in windows, it flips the flag on the drive saying all is well now.

Unfortunately this problem may continue to happen with your current setup.

Reformatting the drive will delete ALL DATA on the drive, so you must back it up first (I understand that is not always do-able). You may have to look at serving the data from a different system (windows or a linux distribution that handles NTFS).

What format is the drive in? NTFS does not seem to work well after a while on LibreELEC.

I had a similar problem with a WD Elements drive, I was forced to reformat it to ext4 from NTFS and it has worked perfect since.

Reformatting the drive will delete ALL DATA on the drive, so you must back it up first (I understand that is not always do-able).

On LibreELEC you may run the following once that data has been moved off:

Code
    umount /dev/sda1
    mkfs.ext4 /dev/sda –L Data1

Note the name is used as the mount point, so you may want to keep your old drives name when reformatting it.

This should work fine (running Kodi + TVHeadend client & server on a RPi4).

What problems did you have when you tried to move to a RPi4 last time?

You could also keep the TVHeadend server running on your RPi3 and move to the RPi4 form Kodi & TVHeadend client.

I am using the "Geekworm Raspberry Pi 4 Heavy-duty Aluminum Passive Cooling Metal Case" linked above. It works great, but WiFi does not work well due to the antenna being surrounded by metal.

But I love it because it keeps the RPi4 cool (currently 42.2c) without a fan and it looks nice on the desk.