LE11.0.1 on x86 machine - xrandr missing - alternative how to disable/enable HDMI port?

• Hi,

I have updated my rather old mini pc from LE10 to LE11, and now realised that xrandr utility is missing.

This is a generic x86 version of LE....

I was previously using it in a script on LE10 (also Generic x86) that was fixing the issue I have.

The script was disabling and enabling hdmi port every time i switch off my TV, as sometimes audio would get cut.

The scenario is, I am playing music/internet radio from kodi machine that is sending audio via hdmi to my home cinema system (sony), then when i switch off the TV, audio stops (in maybe 20% of cases, not everytime)

then the script fires:

#!/bin/sh

export DISPLAY=":0"

sleep 5

xrandr --output HDMI2 --off

sleep 1

xrandr --output HDMI2 --auto

and all is good again.

now in LE11, without xrandr, I have to either toggle HDMI with a remote of the cinema amp to something else, then back to kodi hdmi input, or toggle the tv again, anyway not really convenient and cannot be scripted.

would appreciate if someone knows about a utility I could install from repository that could do this task...

• Run "getedid create" with the system on/working and the EDID data from the HDMI connection is captured and cached so the HTPC will always see the AVR/TV as being connected. Much easier than scripts.

• I've looked into that but was not sure it would help in my scenario, as AVR is alive and shows as connected, there is just some drop/flop in the moment that tv is switched on/off (tv is connected to AVR, and kodi is connected to AVR).

I guess AVR does some rescan of all hdmi ports in the moment tv drops, and it confuses kodi

Thanks, will try with getedid procedure

EDIT: I have run getedid create, after that got a message "rebooting system in 15seconds", and it was done. my GPU is intel, so its supported.

It did not help my issue. I tried switching ON/OFF the TV for few times, and I managed to reproduce my issue, I have kodi playing internet radio and there is no sound coming out of HDMI. if I switch the output to Bluetooth, it plays normally, back to HDMI, nothing. If I switch the TV on/off again, or toggle hdmi inputs on AVR, the issue gets fixed. Also, disabling/enabling HDMI port on the machine would help, but I dont have a way of doing it anymore...

Edited once, last by vanja (March 25, 2023 at 9:30 AM).

• No wonder my 99-toggle_rate script is no longer working. It uses xrandr to toggle refresh rates which allows my NUC to power up from Suspend with Audio.

Can't it be re-enabled?

Getedid Create doesn't work for me either.