libreelec 11.0.0 generic for virtual machines cannot be updated

• I have downloaded LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0.0.ova and imported to Vmware Workstation Pro 17.0.1 running under Windows 10 Pro x64.

I have tried to update it to version 11.0.1. I have selected settings - Libreelec - updates - available versions - 11.0.1.

Prompted me "would you like to update libreelec now?". I have selected "Yes"

A brief download window appeared and disappeared in a second. And nothing happened. I have tried several times but the result is the same.

• I think storage partition has wrong size? Or is there some special install procedure for Virtual?

• But if I expand disk capacity after importing it works as expected

When importing LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-10.0.4.ova everything just works automatically without user intervention.

I also noticed that importing on Vmware Workstation Pro 17 it doesn't fill the name of the virtual machine automatically like it does on older versions (compared only with v12).

Size difference:

• Thank you for your replies. The problem is solved.

Expanding disk capacity is not necessary but /dev/sda2 on /storage was too small and the use was %100.

I have expanded the partition with gparted to maximum and it worked. After expanding, i have noticed that it could even not update the add-ons before. I think previous versions of libreelec was adjusting this automatically. Even though i have resolved my problem, this is still an issue for libreelec 11.0 ova virtual image.