AMD Ryzen Shutdown Problem (LE 11)

• Could it be an ssd thing?

Thanks for checking your drive!

I think you're on the right path with the SSD. The OS partition has no errors, so it could be an SSD trim command, or another SSD-specific command, which can't be executed. Probably the SSD driver doesn't work correctly on AMD Ryzen.

Because I'm not familiar with the SSD shutdown procedure of LE, I've informed developers to have a look. Stay tuned.

• A developer has replied to me. He says, the unmount error of the screenshot is normal, and has nothing to do with our issue.

Instead it's probably an issue with reboot parameters. I'm trying to figure out, how to edit them...

• Still waiting on a response from the question above question re format type on SSD

A, sorry, formatting is handled by the installer right?

the start of the drive is 4Mib unallocated space

/dev/sda1 - System - Fat16 - 512MiB - Flags: Boot, legancy_boot.esp

/dev/sda2 - Storage - ext4- 55GiB

• to check more: I installed on a spinning disk but nothing changed. I also checked the bios power loss and sleep setting but changes there does not change the behavior.

• Instead it's probably an issue with reboot parameters. I'm trying to figure out, how to edit them...

The developer gave me that link for reboot parameters, but I don't know where to use them inside LE:

linux/kernel-parameters.txt at master · torvalds/linux
    Linux kernel source tree. Contribute to torvalds/linux development by creating an account on GitHub.
    github.com

Quote from developer:

No idea what's the issue is in this case and last time I had to deal with such issues was lots of years ago with an old BIOS (non-UEFI) PC - solution was to add some kernel command line parameter to use a different poweroff function (ACPI instead of BIOS or vice versa - can't quite remember).

• I really hope someone can guide us in this, i am able to find /flash/syslinux.cfg and /flash/EFI/BOOT/grub.cfg but have no idea this is even in the right direction and or what to do.

love to do tests if anyone can tell me what to edit :)

• Oke, i think i found MY issue (sorry for taking over this topic for a while.) After installing Debian 12 the problem persisted. after more googling and testing i can confirm that my AOC 16T2 portable monitor (which is great) using USB both for power AND touch screen capabilities.

when unplugging the usb the reboot behavior is gone.

Sorry again for any wasted time you guys end.