Writing on external Raspberry Kodi USB Drive impossible!

• Hi.

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 4 with software version 11. I'm running an external USB HDD on it. I can read the drive on my Mac with the standard username and password and copy files to my Mac, unfortunately I can't write to the USB drive, any advice?!

• Hi.

I'm using a Raspberry Pi 4 with software version 11. I'm running an external USB HDD on it. I can read the drive on my Mac with the standard username and password and copy files to my Mac, unfortunately I can't write to the USB drive, any advice?!

I'd guess the drive is NTFS formatted (default for Windows)? .. macOS only supports read from NTFS drives, not read-write. If you reformat the drive using exFAT it will be read-write in macOS (and Windows, and Linux).

• I'd guess the drive is NTFS formatted (default for Windows)? .. macOS only supports read from NTFS drives, not read-write. If you reformat the drive using exFAT it will be read-write in macOS (and Windows, and Linux).

No the drive is formatted with MacOS Extended File with GUID

• If the drive is macOS formatted (HFS+) then it's read-write under macOS but will be mounted read-only by default under Linux. It is technically possible to fsck the filesystem and force-mount it in read-write mode under Linux; but Linux doesn't officially support that so it won't happen by default in LE and I wouldn't recommend it. As with NTFS drives (different filesystem but same problem) the solution is to reformat the drive to use exFAT which is read-write supported in Windows, Linux and macOS.