LibreELEC on PC won't connect to WLAN

• Hi,

I've just updated to LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0.0 on my PC.

Everything went fine, but LibreELEC won't connect to my WLAN.

The WLAN is switched on in LibreELEC -> Network -> Wireless Network and

the WLAN shows up in LibreELEC -> Connections, but if I want to connect, LibreELEC tells me "invalid-key"

I've checked the Key about 20 Times, and put it in again and again and it's always "invalid-key".

The key is right, it works fine with LibreELEC 9.2.6, 9.2.8 and 10.0.1

• Your WiFi passphrase is a passphrase not a key so entering it over and over won't achieve anything. This is probably something related to crypto in the kernel and the change to IWD. At the moment "it's a known problem" but how to triage/diagnose the issue is not known and there is no solution. To be continued..

• Your WiFi passphrase is a passphrase not a key so entering it over and over won't achieve anything. This is probably something related to crypto in the kernel and the change to IWD. At the moment "it's a known problem" but how to triage/diagnose the issue is not known and there is no solution. To be continued..

So you don't know either ?

Well, it seems that's only me who got this problem, because nobody else complained about this "serious flaw" here on this Board.

But if it's a "know problem" why was Version 11.0.0 released with it ?

Was this Version never tested ?

I think a lot of people use WLAN with their LibreELEC, and all would be very disapointed if it's not working in the new Version.

Well, the old saying "Never change a running System" seems to be true,

Luckily the USB-Stick with Version 11.0.0 was only for testing and I will revert back to Version 10.0.4 on the Stick.

For daily use I've kept my SSD with Version 9.2.6 for PC and my SD-Card with Version 9.2.8 for my Pi3 which both never gave me any Trouble.

• Your "serious flaw" is known because it's been seen before; maybe 4-5 times since public beta testing started. In that period there are ~20,000 installs on a wide range of hardware so it's definitely niche and not worth holding up the 11.0 release for. It's not been seen by anyone on staff or anyone in our ecosystem with a clue about triage/test .. and since we aren't really sure where the issue resides it's not clear what info might be required (but we do know the usual Kodi and boot logs will not show anything interesting). In time there'll probably be a Eureka moment and it'll be resolved. Until then .. /shrug