No video on RPI4 using LE11 with Haier le55b1381

• Greetings,

I've been using this TV with an RPi4 since around early-to-mid 2020 and if I remember correctly I started with LibreElec 9 which did everything I needed it to so I just kinda stuck on it. Well, until the SD card died. :(

I remember I had a hell of a fight getting the 1920x1080 resolution to work on my TV with LibreElec 9, but I don't remember the details and the SD card with them is dead. I just spent a few hours fighting today and I'm weary and worn. Here's what I know.

If I go back to LibreElec 9, I may not get 1920x1080 resolution but it defaults to 1366x768 and at this point I would be crazy happy to simply have that on 11. ANY release above 9, all I EVER get is "No Signal" and it doesn't matter what I do. Unfortunately, I didn't discover that all the guides for hdmi_mode don't work anymore since 10+ until after I spent an hour trying every possible combination. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

So then I switched to editing the cmdline.txt parameters. Scouring the forums I found various recommendations to try things like "video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080M@60" and/or "vc4.force_hotplug=1" and/or other recommendations. So I spent a long time trying options there and trying every possible variation for any of the supported resolutions this TV is supposed to have... Nothing but "No Signal". Every time.

So I tried a fresh clean copy to the drive and tried what I found in the documentation for 'getedid create'. That gave me hope for the briefest of moments when I got "Unsupported Mode" followed by a black screen flash then "No Signal". Not sure that's progress though...

I've tried different ports on the TV. I've tried both ports on the RPI4. I'm flat out of ideas on what to try next.

Honestly at this point, I don't even care if I go back to 9 or use 11. At least with 9 I know I can get a lower resolution to work, but I'd really like my full resolution. But if 11 is any indication of the future then it's probably good that I figure out how to get _any_ output at all from 11. But again... right now, any help to get either 9 or 11 working at proper resolution would be greatly appreciated.

Can someone assist me please?
    Thank you!

• Hi,

Looks like the LE didn't get the EDID data from display through HDMI cable.

First, I'm just asking, did you tried with another HDMI cable (I had once same issue because the HDMI cable - EDID wire contact issue)? Another thing what you could try, with another (full HD) display, if working, make an EDID save ("getedid create"). If the LE have EDID data saved, won't wait to identify the display from HDMI, will use the default values from saved EDID.

• Thanks for responding. I've got three different HDMI cables for the RPi4; two different brands.... No change on any of them. I'm going to try a different screen now.

HOLY SMOKES! VLouis, if we ever meet up IRL - I owe you a beer. The trick with a secondary monitor absolutely worked! Thank you!

Edited once, last by stack: Merged a post created by stack into this post. (March 8, 2023 at 3:35 AM).