I can't SSH into my pi to fix audio

• I installed LibreELEC on my Rpi4, and everything worked fine except for the audio. I found a post here:

No audio - General Support - LibreELEC Forum that said that I needed to SSH into it and change the value of one of the files. I tried using the default username and password first and it didn't work. I tried setting a custom password and that didn't work either. I tried using no password at all, and still no luck.

If it means anything to you, I'm trying to use SSH from PowerShell on Windows 11.

Edit: when password is disabled i get error

Code
    jabin@[ip address]: Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).

I've tried using PS, Windows Subsystem for Linux, and even the command prompt and they all return the same error.

Edited 2 times, last by jabin (March 6, 2023 at 1:18 PM).

• Go to Best Answer
  • I'm able to use SSH from PowerShell on a Win11 Pro (arm) VM under vmware Fusion so I assume it can/should work from the x86_64 version too. Please ensure that you didn't enable the 'disable password auth' (allow only key-auth) option in LE settings, because this is confusingly worded and will not stop the box from prompting for a password; but does prevent password auth from ever working. Assuming that wasn't the issue, install PuTTY and use that instead.

• I'm able to use SSH from PowerShell on a Win11 Pro (arm) VM under vmware Fusion so I assume it can/should work from the x86_64 version too. Please ensure that you didn't enable the 'disable password auth' (allow only key-auth) option in LE settings, because this is confusingly worded and will not stop the box from prompting for a password; but does prevent password auth from ever working. Assuming that wasn't the issue, install PuTTY and use that instead.

I think the issue might be the IP address I'm using... I'm new to LE but the IP address I put in for SSH was the one listed by my WiFi network in the LibreElec settings -> Network section. Is that the right IP?

• Maybe I m still old fashioned but the best 3 items you should install if you own a rpi are notepad++, winscp and putty..

Use winscp to browse files on your pi,putty for ssh and notepad for editing..

I think the issue might be the IP address I'm using... I'm new to LE but the IP address I put in for SSH was the one listed by my WiFi network in the LibreElec settings -> Network section. Is that the right IP?

If your windows is on the same network as your rpi that should do it.

If you just need ssh best bet is install putty..

then create file..

Code
    @echo off 
    C: 
    cd \Program Files\PuTTY
    start putty.exe -ssh [email protected] -P 22 -pw libreelec
    exit 

...change ip to your rpi ip

then

save as myrpi4.bat and run it

Edited 3 times, last by Mario77: Merged a post created by Mario77 into this post. (March 6, 2023 at 8:06 PM).

• PuTTY worked for me, but trying to run tvheadend fails.

I typed tvheadend and it didn't work.

(just realized i turned this topic into "trying to enable tvheadend)

Edited once, last by jabin (March 7, 2023 at 9:39 PM).

• PuTTY worked for me, but trying to run tvheadend fails.

I typed tvheadend and it didn't work.

What do you mean “run TVHeadend”. If you’ve installed both the TVH server and client on the same board and enabled both, TVH will run as a service assuming you have configured TVH from a remote terminal. You access TVHEADEND from a remote browser using the LE IP address. As an example

192.168.0.150:9981 and configure TVH from there.

For Windows users PuTTY is best for an SSH session into LibreELEC. Ensure you have SSH enabled in LE and use the default username root and password libreelec unless you changed the password on first time configuration.

• not sure what you mean by tvheadend?

I'm trying to run the TVHeadend script so i can access the setup from my browser because I typed in the correct IP and Port after installing TVH, but it didn't load the page. (I am on the right network)

Code
    Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.108:9981.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
        If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
        If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the web.
  • I'm trying to run the TVHeadend script so i can access the setup from my browser because I typed in the correct IP and Port after installing TVH, but it didn't load the page. (I am on the right network)

Code
    Unable to connect

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.108:9981.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
        If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
        If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the web.

When you installed the TVH server from the addons Services section in TVH did you enable it. Once enabled then go to a remote PC, open a browser and type in the Ip address of the LE machine as I mentioned above and the TVH configuration GUI will open. There is no script to run. Just a configuration Wizard that needs to be completed. Btw this is nothing to do with SSH and audio fix. Start a fresh post if you want to discuss TVH.