TV Guide remembering last viewed channel

• So this might be a bit of a strange request! I have a TVheadend server on Ubuntu and view live channels via Libreelec running on a RPI4. Everything works well with little to no complaints from my wife who watches a lot of UK soaps! When browsing the TV Guide via the Kodi interface, it seems to remember the last channel you have clicked on as when you return to the tv guide later on, it jumps directly to that channel. If I reboot Kodi and then click on the TV Guide, it returns to the beginning of the channels. I guess it is somehow keeping a note of this last channel in memory and considers this to be a feature, however for me (or for my wife) it isn't a feature I want to have. Whenever I click on the TV Guide, I would like it to start from the beginning of the channel list.

Wasn't sure if this was the best place to ask this question but I believe it is more of a Kodi configuration than a TVheadend configuration but not entirely sure.

• It may be different on RPi3 but try this - go to the guide and left arrow until you get to menu.There's an entry "Sort by" which has three options - select Number