Weird flickering fuzz on 10.95.0 x86_64

• Installed on some HP tower with a Ryzen 3 3200G and Vega 8 iGPU. Installation was quick and easy yet it seems to display some sort of pink fuzz AND on top of that the RTL8821C wifi seems to not work so I can't connect to SSH. Can I plug my phone in via USB and do USB tethering?

I will try the latest stable and see if this exists on there.
    Using the "LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-11.0-nightly-20230211-ba25cb4.img.gz" fixed the graphical glitches but RTL8821C still not working

Edited once, last by bobsmith (February 12, 2023 at 11:44 AM).

• Try the latest nightly (not stable) as some fixes for AMD GPUs were merged a couple of days ago.

If you add "textmode" to kernel boot params in syslinux.cfg the box will boot to a local text console (not Kodi) allowing you to poke around with a USB keyboard attached to investigate the WiFi problem. To diagnose anything we'll need to know what the WiFi chipset is, and see the system boot log (dmesg).

• Try the latest nightly (not stable) as some fixes for AMD GPUs were merged a couple of days ago.

If you add "textmode" to kernel boot params in syslinux.cfg the box will boot to a local text console (not Kodi) allowing you to poke around with a USB keyboard attached to investigate the WiFi problem. To diagnose anything we'll need to know what the WiFi chipset is, and see the system boot log (dmesg).

Can I somehow attach a system log without SSH? (for example, booting a live Linux USB and copying the log to my PC)
    Also the post cooldown on here is really annoying.
    If this adds any significance, a notification says "Remote communication service" fails to start no matter what version I've used
    The chipset is RTL8821C

• If you enable persistent logging in the settings add-on there is a log-file on disk to copy. Otherwise logs are not persisted between boots and you'll need to access the box whilst running to get the log (hence previous advice).

Post review for new users stops LOTS of spam and forum abuse and the 1% of users with greatest experience and highest probability of replying all have mod rights and can see your posts, so in the real-world it's a perception problem not a real problem.

The error message is irrelevant.

There are some additional fixes for rtw88 merged yesterday in https://github.com/LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv/pull/7496 so update to last nights nightly or be patient and wait 24h for tonight's and it might be resolved.

• Installed the nightly. Without internet I'm just using the DVD playback feature on my Strong Bad Email DVDs. Looks a bit blurier than my Sony Blu-Ray player (any settings I could tweak to make this better) but works fine.

• If the WiFi is still not working you need to connect Ethernet or do the textmode change I described before to get the boot log so we can see whether the device probes or not, or if firmware is missing, or something else.

• If the WiFi is still not working you need to connect Ethernet or do the textmode change I described before to get the boot log so we can see whether the device probes or not, or if firmware is missing, or something else.

Firmware can't be missing, I see RTL8821C firmware being loaded on boot. I have tried to check for the logs after enabling persistent logging but cannot seem to find what directory they are located in

• To research network issues I've created a gbmshell addon temporary replacing kodi with a shell.

You can install the attached tools.gbmshell-1.0.0.0.zip addon from USB stick and export kodi, dmesg or journalcll logs the same way.

Our usual pastekodi tool can be used locally with pastekodi -c >/path(to/log

• To research network issues I've created a gbmshell addon temporary replacing kodi with a shell.

You can install the attached tools.gbmshell-1.0.0.0.zip addon from USB stick and export kodi, dmesg or journalcll logs the same way.

Our usual pastekodi tool can be used locally with pastekodi -c >/path(to/log

Weird behavior when attempting to install the addon from it's ZIP from my USB drive in FAT32, it does nothing. No notification to indicate a success or even a failure, I highlight the ZIP file, click OK and nothing happens

• Finally my first actual win in this. Plugged in a TP-Link wifi adapter (think it was an Archer T2U) and finally got internet to work, this was shortly after I had updated to the latest nightly manually. I will not however stop attempting to see what the issue with the RTL8821C as I only have so many usb wifi dongles laying around.

Thank you for your help, mglae, unfortunate I couldn't get your plugin to work

Here are the logs http://ix.io/4nZz

Oddly enough, it seems to have detected the Bluetooth chip (I could even connect and use a remote)
    But after installing the Confluence theme and setting up my Plex server with the Composite add-on (for anyone reading DO NOT let it scan your content after adding the media source else a segfault will occur), LibreELEC is working awesome :D, thanks a lot to all the developers.

Edited once, last by bobsmith (February 14, 2023 at 8:34 AM).

• Thank you for your help, mglae, unfortunate I couldn't get your plugin to work

Congratulation, you found a Kodi bug :) . Installation from ZIP is failing when no repository is available.

To the RTL8821C issue:

Code
    Feb 14 00:24:54.424500 LibreELEC kernel: #PF: error_code(0x0000) - not-present page
    Feb 14 00:24:54.424569 LibreELEC kernel: PGD 110000067 P4D 110000067 PUD 110224067 PMD 0 Feb 14 00:24:54.424585 LibreELEC kernel: Oops: 0000 [#1] SMP NOPT
    Feb 14 00:24:54.424601 LibreELEC kernel: CPU: 2 PID: 460 Comm: systemd-udevd Tainted: P           O       6.1.11 #1
    Feb 14 00:24:54.424613 LibreELEC kernel: Hardware name: HP HP Desktop M01-F0xxx/8643, BIOS F.31 03/29/2021
    Feb 14 00:24:54.424623 LibreELEC kernel: RIP: 0010:rtw_pci_read32+0x16/0x20 [rtw88_pci]
    Feb 14 00:24:54.424651 LibreELEC kernel: Code: 48 03 b7 a0 7a 00 00 48 89 e5 66 8b 06 5d e9 05 77 89 ee 90 f3 0f 1e fa 0f 1f 44 00 00 55 89 f6 48 03 b7 a0 7a 00 00 48 89 e5 <8b> 06 5d e9 e6 76 89 ee 66 90 f3 0f 1e fa 0f 1f 44 00 00 55 89 f6
    [...]

Page fault when accessing the card, likely there is still something missing.