XMBC dependency when installing iVACY from zip

• I have a subscription to VPN service IVACY. I am trying to get it working on a LibreELEC (official): 10.0.3 running on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2.

I have tried various alternatives located on web sources, nearly all of which are from 2017 or earlier and couldnt get them to work with LibreELEC 10. So I went to the IVACY support pages and got a repository and an addon (both .zips) that seemed to fit the general idea of getting IVACY working on LibreELEC. These were:

• repository.ivacyandpurevpn.addons.zip
    • service.iavacy.monitor-1.3.2.zip

I put those two files in my libreELEC home directory, then used Add-Ons > Install from zip file for each. The repository.ivacyandpurevpn.addons zip installed without error. But even though I have "unknown sources" enabled for Add-ons, I found nothing for IVACY in the All Repositories listing.

When I attempt to Install from zip fill the service.iavacy.monitor-1.3.2 I get message: The dependency on XMBC.python version 2.7.0 could not be satisfied.

Any ideas on how I fix this and get my IVACY subscription running on LibreELEC?

• Go to Best Answer
  • Just musing on my own problem here: I notice that service.iavacy.monitor-1.3.2.zip contains file addon.xml, which includes code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> 

<addon id="service.ivacy.monitor" 

name="Ivacy" 

version="1.3.2" 

provider-name="Ivacy.Ltd"> 

<requires> 

<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.7.0"/> 

</requires> 

<extension point="xbmc.service" library="service.py" start="startup"/> 

<extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource" library="addon.py"> 

<provides>executable</provides> 

</extension> 

<extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata"> 

<platform>all</platform> 

<summary lang="en">Configure and manage Ivacy VPN connections using openVPN</summary> 

<description lang="en">... snipped by poster ...</description> 

</extension> </addon>

What would happen if I updated the highlighted line with version="3.0.0" or similar?

• Any ideas on how I fix this and get my IVACY subscription running on LibreELEC?

LE10/LE11 images use Python 3.x, the last release to use Python 2.x was LE9.2. So options are:

a) Persuade <insert name of whatever VPN service> to provide a Python3 compatible version of their add-on

b) Find and extract the connection details and credentials/certs used from the add-on and use them with e.g. Zomboided's add-on.

Option A has no further action from us (the add-on, the service, and everything related to it is someone else's problem). If you go for Option B redirect future Q's to Zomboided's add-on support thread.

• Thanks Chewitt.

I tried option (a), that is, contact vendor. I received a reply: "... we are not offering our services to LibreElec ..." from the Ivacy Customer Success Team.

So now I am following option (b), Zomboided's add-on. I will update this thread when I have something useful to report.

• Sadly no. iVacy now have some more recent instructions for getting OpenVPN to work with Kodi, however it links to this 8 year old how-to page: https://support.ivacy.com/setup_guide/se…enelec-on-kodi/ This is the one I attempted last year when I was trying to solve this problem The code they direct us to use seems to be written for Python2 which was replaced a few years ago by Python3.

I am still occasionally looking into this problem to see if I can find and install the relevant Python imports at the right level and/or tinkering with the iVacy code to make it compatible with Python3 - so far no luck.