Posts by mdofperth

Sadly no. iVacy now have some more recent instructions for getting OpenVPN to work with Kodi, however it links to this 8 year old how-to page: https://support.ivacy.com/setup_guide/se…enelec-on-kodi/ This is the one I attempted last year when I was trying to solve this problem The code they direct us to use seems to be written for Python2 which was replaced a few years ago by Python3.

I am still occasionally looking into this problem to see if I can find and install the relevant Python imports at the right level and/or tinkering with the iVacy code to make it compatible with Python3 - so far no luck.

BACKGROUND:
    I am using LIBREELEC 11.0.6 on a Raspberry Pi 5, using a 256GB microSDXC. I have put several MP3s and MP4s in the relevant directories for playing via Kody to my TV. There's probably about 100GB or media loaded. That all works fine.

When I power down the RPi/Kodi and then insert the microSDXC into an SD reader on a Linux system I see that there is a small partition formatted FAT with the the Operating System (and Kodi files?), and a big partition which is formatted as EXT4, and the media files are all in there.

Windows is not able to read/write EXT4 partitions, so when I insert the microSDXC and open it on Windows 11 via a microSD port I can see the base operating fines and an overlay directory which are formatted (they are in a partition formatted as a FAT). The media files, which are the majority of data on the SD card are not visible to Windows. When I run the Windows Disk Management utility, I see the card's 512MB FAT allocation which is shown as "Heal-thy1", "Primary" and "Active". The Windows Disk Manager can see that there is also has a 237.9GB allocation which is "Heal-thy1", "Primary" but not "Active". The Windows disk manager only allows me to "Delete" the partition, it can't be made "Active" and can't be allocated a Drive letter, for example "G:". [BTW: this is scenario also applied to the same 256GB microSDXC when I had it formatted up for my Raspberry Pi 4 with Kodi with LIBREELEC 11.0.?]

My Question:
    Is there a way when setting up LibreELEC for the Pi to have it allocate the large partition as NTFS or exFAT, instead of as EXT4, so that it can be read directly in Windows.

[BTW: I realize I can get at the media files using FTP, Samba, SSH, etc. I'm just wondering it there is a way to make them directly available to Windows when inserted in a local SD slot.]
    --
    1Censored word.

Just musing on my own problem here: I notice that service.iavacy.monitor-1.3.2.zip contains file addon.xml, which includes code:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> 

<addon id="service.ivacy.monitor" 

name="Ivacy" 

version="1.3.2" 

provider-name="Ivacy.Ltd"> 

<requires> 

<import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.7.0"/> 

</requires> 

<extension point="xbmc.service" library="service.py" start="startup"/> 

<extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource" library="addon.py"> 

<provides>executable</provides> 

</extension> 

<extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata"> 

<platform>all</platform> 

<summary lang="en">Configure and manage Ivacy VPN connections using openVPN</summary> 

<description lang="en">... snipped by poster ...</description> 

</extension> </addon>

What would happen if I updated the highlighted line with version="3.0.0" or similar?

I have a subscription to VPN service IVACY. I am trying to get it working on a LibreELEC (official): 10.0.3 running on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2.

I have tried various alternatives located on web sources, nearly all of which are from 2017 or earlier and couldnt get them to work with LibreELEC 10. So I went to the IVACY support pages and got a repository and an addon (both .zips) that seemed to fit the general idea of getting IVACY working on LibreELEC. These were:

• repository.ivacyandpurevpn.addons.zip
    • service.iavacy.monitor-1.3.2.zip

I put those two files in my libreELEC home directory, then used Add-Ons > Install from zip file for each. The repository.ivacyandpurevpn.addons zip installed without error. But even though I have "unknown sources" enabled for Add-ons, I found nothing for IVACY in the All Repositories listing.

When I attempt to Install from zip fill the service.iavacy.monitor-1.3.2 I get message: The dependency on XMBC.python version 2.7.0 could not be satisfied.

Any ideas on how I fix this and get my IVACY subscription running on LibreELEC?