Unable to access homeassistant from internet

• I have on a raspberry pi3 and pi4 both libreelec with kodi (18 on the pi3 and 19 on pi4) and with the docker addon installed on both.

In docker I installed home assistant on both systems.

Both work fine from my own intranet.

On my router which has dd-wrt firmware I created a route to open the homeassistant port and redirect it either to the pi3 or pi4 ip adres.

The problem is now that it works fine for the pi3 but totally not for the pi4.

Something blocks access from the internet to homeassistant on the pi4 and I have no clue what it is.

Anyone an idea?

• chewitt

I have seen that you have given many valuable answers in this forum so I think you can help me.

Is there somewhere a setting in LibreElec that makes that I cannot access services running under librelec (in my case a docker container) from the internet? I already disabled the firewall in the libreelec addon but that does not help.

If I do a clean installation of libreelec, install docker and install home assistant in a docker container it works well and I can access it from the internet. However if I make a backup (via the libreelec backup tool) from my libreelec image where I cannot access homeassistant from the internet (but all is fine on my own intranet network) and restore that backup on that newly installed card I can also no longer access home assistant from the internet.

So it must be some setting I must have change somewhere but I have no idea which one.

Do you have an idea?

Thank you

Just found out what the reason is. It's my vpn I am running from kodi (addon vpn manager) using nordvpn which makes it impossible to connect to home assistant from the internet.

Any solutions for that (except disabling vpn...)

Edited once, last by peno64: Merged a post created by peno64 into this post. (December 21, 2022 at 11:16 PM).