New User Help

• I just loaded libreELEC on a raspberry pi. The monitor I HDMI to is a samsung TV

I'm running LibreELEC 9.2.8 (kernel: Linux 4.19.127)

I also have mouse, internet, keyboard all working.

I have loaded several Add-Ons but nothing plays. This after unzipping and then installing the repo.

So where do I go from here? I see the message that says I need to set up a PVR. But I am unable to successfully do that. I searched and found 3 PVR's for the raspberry Pi. None of installed. Most of my searches bring up articles from 5 years ago.

When I try to install a PVR I get the error message that it cannot connect to the DVBlink server (127.0.0.1) Error code 2000

Of course 127.0.0.1 is the loopback. Just not sure whats going on here or what I am missing.

Yeah, I'm a total newbie, I admit it but all comments and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Edited once, last by stylonurus (October 19, 2022 at 6:45 AM).

• Most of the PVR add-ons in the LE repo are client add-ons, so you will need to have the corresponding DVB server application installed and running somewhere in the network for the client to connect to.

Otherwise the mention of installng a repo and add-ons (with no names) and then PVR sounds a like a user trying to setup IPTV simple with a bunch of pirate feeds. If that's the objective you aren't going to get much help around here. If not the case, you need to explain what you are trying to do in more detail and provide log files to demonstrate/show what the issue is - because it's not clear from your description.