10.0.3 on Raspi 4 GB, installation stuck at splash logo - stops at Reached target system time synchronized - pastekodi fails

• I've read you post several times but I'm still confused what does and doesn't work.

Code
    I could borrow a Pi 4B 4GB, it is around the same age.
    Same SD-Card, connected by HDMI to be HP Screen:
    LibreElec runs on my  Pi 4B 8 GBLibreElec runs on the Pi 4B 4 GB

So "my Pi 4B 8 GB" is the Pi you have been testing throughout this thread. Which I thought hung on splash screen.

Are you stating LibreElec runs (i.e. works normally) on this Pi?

Is everything the same in the tests of the two pi (as well as sdcard, the power supply, cables, display, peripherals)?

It sounds like you changed hdmi resolution (looks like to 1280x720 sbs @ 50Hz). Note that sbs is a 3d mode and probably shouldn't be used as default.

Code
    TV is showing Kodi  even after booting it again and again, so it is stable

Is this on your original problematic pi, or the borrowed pi?

• I've read you post several times but I'm still confused what does and doesn't work.

I0m sorry, I forgot "borrowed" in my list.
    I updated my post, hope it is clearer now.

In nutshell, it runs on my 8 GB and the borrowed 4 GB. The borrowed 4 GB had some hick-ups as it booted the very first time being connected to the TV (not the HP Screen anymore)

sbs is a 3d mode

it could be related to the fact, that the TV sometimes detect 3D content although there is not any

• So everything works now?

on the borrowed and 8 GB one

Do you still have the "firmware transaction" error in dmesg log on either original

I gues but I have not checked the logs yesterday, I was just happy to make the family enjoy Spotify Connect on our HiFi-System

By the way, MERCI to make this happen.

I'll check the logs tonight and can share them.
    I have filled out my warranty claim. I was told that I can keep the detective device, so we could do a detail investigation on it if you are interested.

• The one test you didn’t confirm was swapping out your HDMI cable. That is usually the first item users try when faced with a hung boot. Until you do this you may find yourself in hot water making a returns claim. As you know the RPI4 is in short supply and I’ve not heard of anyone experiencing problems with their RPI4 boards but I have heard plenty report faulty HDMI cables including myself. The choice is yours.

• I'm having the identical issue, PackElend. TF card works, SSD does not. Current firmware.

I have three Pi4B with 4GB. All bought at the same time. All in Argon One M.2 cases. Two have WD Blue 512GB SSD, one has WD Blue 256GB SSD.

Other pi OSes boot fine.

10.0.0 -> will not boot from SSD

10.0.1 -> will not boot from SSD

10.0.2 -> will not boot from SSD

10.0.3 -> will not boot from SSD

10.0-nightly-20221212-0731809 -> will not boot from SSD

I've tried a bunch of disk imagers: Startup Disk Creator, UNetBootin, Etcher, etc.

The thing is, libreelec used to boot from SSD just fine on these very same systems. This causes me to suspect something with the latest rPi firmware or perhaps a change to syslinux. I've built SSD images from Windows and a few different Linux systems but no help there, either.

I've been using TF cards for the better part of the last year. They work fine so I just carry on with that. I've been thinking of trying PINN and multi-boot for a media player project. When I test LE booting through PINN from SSD, I will report back.

Just boot from TF and be happy the software works as well as it does.

Edited once, last by TomB19 (December 18, 2022 at 4:29 PM).

• did that with v11 all works fine.
    could be that v11 fixed it