Fresh install of LE 10.0.03 on Rock64-no HDMI sound

• Just did a fresh install of the above on a Rock64 (RK3328) and no sound via HDMI. Went to System>Settings>Audio and tried all the HDMI options but nothing.

Plugged in a USB DAC and no problem with sound output. Is there any configuration file I can edit on LE using the Rock64 to resolve this.

I also have LE 10.0.03 installed on the RockPro64 and no problem with HDMI sound output.

Edited once, last by petediscrete (December 5, 2022 at 12:44 PM).

• Is anyone using LE 10 on a Rock64. Just need to confirm if HDMI audio out works “out of the box” or if I need to do some further configuration or change the TV I’m connecting up to. This is a mystery.

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • Will do when I get a chance.

I reckon LE 10.0.03 on the Rock64 couldn’t successfully interrogate the TV model I have so assigned a generic HDMI device to it unlike LE 10.0.03 on the RockPro64 where the TV model was identified correctly and HDMI audio worked “out of the box”

I’m surprised others haven’t come across this issue or if they have they haven’t posted here.

• Seems my first instincts were partially right. Before digging into any logs I swapped out the HDMI cable that was working perfectly on the RockPro64 but not on the Rock64. Nightly on the Rock64 is now correctly identifying my TV with the replacement HDMI cable and HDMI sound is fully functioning. Strange one indeed but issue is now resolved. Thanks for your input.