Rock 4 SE wrong Hdmi Resolution when TV is started later

• Hello,

I am still a beginner in Librerelec 10.0.2 and Linux.

I have here a Rock 4 SE and still have a problem with Hdmi and the resolution.

When the TV is on, the resolution (HD) is set correctly, but when the Rock 4 is recording and I turn on the TV later, a smaller resolution is set.

The Rock can not read the correct values from the TV off, it needs an edid or something like that.

How can I fix this ? Please keep in mind I am a beginner

• The "getedid" only exists for x86 and RPi ATM, but we ship some internal helper scripts (beware: that may change in the future) that may help you:

dump-active-edids checks for connected HDMI ports, writes the edid to /storage/.config/edid/edid-<CONNECTOR-NAME>.bin and prints the connectors.

eg here on RPi4:

Code
    xbmc:~ # dump-active-edids 
    found active connector(s) HDMI-A-1
    xbmc:~ # ls -l /storage/.config/firmware/edid/edid-HDMI-A-1.bin 
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root           256 Dec  7 19:21 /storage/.config/firmware/edid/edid-HDMI-A-1.bin

create-edid-cpio creates /flash/edid.cpio with the edids from

/storage/.config/firmware/edid/

eg:

Code
    xbmc:~ # create-edid-cpio 
    successfully created /flash/edid.cpio

Now there's two things left to configure manually:

Adjust the kernel command line, configure the connector to use the edid file and the tell the video subsystem to ignore the hotplug (i.e. connected) signal of the HDMI connector.

eg here on RPi4 the following is added:

Code
    drm.edid_firmware=HDMI-A-1:edid/edid-HDMI-A-1.bin video=HDMI-A-1:D

And you also need to configure the bootloader to load edid.cpio as an initrd.

eg here on RPi4 (with very different bootloader than Rockchip, Allwinner etc) it adds this line:

Code
    initramfs edid.cpio

I don't have any rockchip boards set up at the moment so I can't tell you exactly which file you have to modify (might be /flash/extlinux/extlinux.conf) - hopefully some other users or devs can chime in here.

so long,

Hias

• Thanks for the answer!

I am so far as seen in the picture.

What do now with this line:

Code
    drm.edid_firmware=HDMI-A-1:edid/edid-HDMI-A-1.bin video=HDMI-A-1:D

I do not understand yet.

And on my rock 4 exists this file:

/flash/extlinux/extlinux.conf

With this content:

Code
    LABEL LibreELEC
      LINUX /KERNEL
      FDT /rk3399-rock-pi-4b.dtb
      APPEND boot=UUID=0503-4902 disk=UUID=8ff85d86-0886-4367-affc-e7e92877481a quiet console=uart8250,mmio32,0xff1a0000 console=tty0 coherent_pool=2M cec.debounce_ms=5000

What should I do now?

Excuse my cluelessness <:(

• Code
    LABEL LibreELEC
      LINUX /KERNEL
      FDT /rk3399-rock-pi-4b.dtb
      APPEND boot=UUID=0503-4902 disk=UUID=8ff85d86-0886-4367-affc-e7e92877481a quiet console=uart8250,mmio32,0xff1a0000 console=tty0 coherent_pool=2M cec.debounce_ms=5000 drm.edid_firmware=HDMI-A-1:edid/edid-HDMI-A-1.bin video=HDMI-A-1:D

^ edit /flash/extlinux/extlinux.conf and append it to the APPEND line

• thanks for help!

I had tried both variants, each time the computer did not start. Only when I had the Conf back in the original state it worked again.

I make a test copy today and try it again.