problems booting img files from 10.x version using ventoy method

• first of all, hello to all.

im new here so if i have insert this thread in not right section of forum be gentle and correct me.

i was used ventoy to boot directly the file .img that i found into gz archive

this worked perfectly in efi and in legacy bios using 8.x and 9.x versions ( boots perfectly in every mode , live or run always perfectly) , from 10.x versions no way to boot , always a list of errors.

these new versions boot and works perfectly from usb created from libreelec sd creator but no way to boot from ventoy usb.

someone can help me?

thankyou in advance

• The errors in the screenshot are all about device-mapper drivers being missing. I've zero knowledge of ventoy or how it tries to boot things but perhaps something changed on their side. The errors about missing files will be correct because we don't have support for DM baked into our Linux kernels. Support will be present in most conventional distros, but it's nothing new for LE (and OE before) .. we've never had support.

• I'll summarise:

You aren't using our normal (supported) boot mechanism

You want to add kernel modules we have avoided adding to the distro for years

You are the first person to ever mention ventoy in this forum (that I recall)

You opened a non-bug ticket in a bug tracker

The last point means the ticket will be auto-closed when I get back to my normal laptop (unless someone else beats me to it). The rest just means it would be super low priority to add support.

You are welcome (and encouraged) to self-build your own LE images with the extra modules that you need.

• thankyou for replies,

i dont ask to add kernel modules as longpanda suggested.

as i write in my first post version 8.x and 9.x worked perfectly booting from ventoy using .img files.

i simply was asking what are differences in 10.x that prevents booting in the same manner.

im not expert enough to try to add kernel modules.

in every case thankyou very much for replies and i apologize if i have done something of wrong

lucdeluc

• I'd also be in support of this, just tried to boot the iso to install Libreelec on a new PC and got the same error, I've not got a spare memory stick to hand and the other 15+ iso's I have all work great off my Ventoy stick, adding the kernel module would be a great help.