LE 10.0.3 on RPi 2 several crashes..

• Hoping to get some help..

Not sure if this is a known issue..but since LE10.0.* on my rpi I m getting several crashes..

Skin is Aeon Nox Silvo,but issue happened on basically 99% of the skins I tested besides estuary..

To replicate crash...

start movie

go to home menu and

browse movies

scroll widgets

go to kodi settings/addons menu while movie is in the background..

Tried many things like starting from scratch,installing my setup with 1 addon at a time...disabling language invoker on the few addons I had installed etc..

kodi.log

crash log

• Please use the crash upload function in LE settings (or pastecrash via ssh) to provide logs.

Most likely you are running out of (CMA) memory - the necessary info about that is not in kodi logs, but in pastecrash logs.

so long,

Hias

• Here it is..thanks

crash log

Thanks for the log!

As expected RPi is running out of CMA (graphics) memory

Code
    Nov 24 23:49:06.029657 LibreELEC kernel: cma: cma_alloc: alloc failed, req-size: 720 pages, ret: -12
    Nov 24 23:49:06.030344 LibreELEC kernel: bcm2835-codec bcm2835-codec: dma_alloc_coherent of size 2949120 failed
    Nov 24 23:49:43.019743 LibreELEC kernel: [drm:vc4_bo_create] *ERROR* Failed to allocate from CMA:

You could try with more memory, add eg dtoverlay=cma,cma-384 (or cma-512) to config.txt to increase it from 256 to 384/512 MB or use another less heavy skin.

There's also a long standing issue that kodi buffers way too many pictures than it actually should and thus is eating graphics memory for breakfast - until that's exhausted and it just crashes. Unfortunately there are no fixes for that yet :(

so long,

Hias

• Thanks for your quick support..

Problem is I had to update from LE 9 which was working fine due to an addon (new ITV HUB) that wasn't available anymore for kodi Leia..never had these issues on LE 9.

Let me try increasing memory (fingers crossed)..

Looks like it's time to upgrade to a Pi4 :)

• Ok,so added the line to config.txt and so far so good..no crashes..I m able to scroll on widgets again and enter menus while a movie is playing in the background..

fingers crossed..

Thanks again