Flirc very slow response and missing keys events

• I can't use flirc with my remote control (one for all URC7935). Responses times are very long and works once in 10.

I try it on fresh Libreelec install (10.0.3 - Generic / intel cpu) but result is the same.

• Ok sorry for this misunderstanding. "Pb" == problem.

When LE is connected to my TV (Panasonic Viera over HDMI2) remote responds very slowly with very many misses. After several actions on the keys, remote control no longer responds at all.

if I connect LE to another monitor, then the remote works perfectly (same HDMI2 port).

No reboot necessary to see the change.

• Tank's for your help.

I don't have any CEC adapter on my LE (Settings -> System -> Input -> Peripherals) but my LE is Generic with Intel CPU and not Rpi.

So i "reset above Settings to default" and disable CEC on my TV but problem still present.

• Please provide a full debug log.

How to post a log (wiki)

1. Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging
    2. Restart Kodi
    3. Replicate the problem
    4. Generate a log URL (do not post/upload logs to the forum)

use "Settings > LibreELEC > System > Paste system logs" or run "pastekodi" over SSH, then post the URL link
  • From "Settings > LE Settings Addon > System > Paste system logs" i got error : "failed to paste log files, try again" !

From "pastekodi" command line via ssh, no url returned !

from Kodi log uploader add-on an other error message "file is to large > 1MB" !

I build a new fresh LE install with the same problem.

Fortunualy , pastebin works fine.

URL link is http://ix.io/4hkp

Note that only TV the is connected to LE with this logfile. I did not connect an other monitor to log the proper functioning.

If necessary i can do it and paste those new logfiles.

Edited 3 times, last by fanch_95: Merged a post created by fanch_95 into this post. (December 1, 2022 at 12:56 AM).

• Thank you for this meticulous investigation.

The problem disappears when I connect a monitor in the same context with the same and others actives ir devices.

I will do the test by isolating the LE and test the remote control without external ir pollution

• I reset the Flirc receiver and my Libreelec but the results were worse. The menu scrolled without any action on the remote control.

Reading the Flirc forum, I found a similar problem. External lights and IR noise interfering with signals from my remote and flooding the flirc receiver.

My TV is plasma technology and probably generates a lot of IR noise. Anyway, to solve the problem and reduce the flow of IR, i protected Flirc with a light paper mask.

Now the remote and Flirc work properly without ghost or missing event.