Libreelec nfs shares

• Hi there, I have a NAS shared with NFS. That works for my rock64 and 2 other computers in the network. But now I updated to LE 10.0.3. Now I can't get my NFS shares to work. I have put ubuntu on my rock and my shares work again. The two other computers have no problems with the NFS shares. So only Libreelec 10.0.3 is having a problem getting connected to my NAS using NFS. (There is network).

Tried to make a share with Kodi and tried ssh with the official howto. No luck on both.

So I hope someone here can help.

Pit

• If you want meaningful help then you would have to upload logs.

https://wiki.libreelec.tv/support/log-files

I would try to ssh into the device, and check your network configuration by running these two commands:

ifconfig

route -n

Check your NFS device is resolvable & pingable using the ping command. If you used a hostname in your sources entry, then I would use that with the ping command.

If you do not need NFS mounted on the device, then I personally would just use Kodi's "add video source" and choose the NFS option:

Adding video sources - Official Kodi Wiki

Generally the URL is something like this in the sources.xml:

Code
            <source>
                <name>Movies</name>
                <path pathversion="1">nfs://kodi-fs1/srv/media/movies/</path>
                <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
            </source>

By the way, if you can't access the device via the network, then that is likely the issue. Not knowing more about the hardware only leads to speculation, but it's possible the network devices in the device are not supported.

• I can get working remote boot LE92 (i have old nettop) write IP addres in NFS config. Without IP a get error about not connected remote NFS resource.

Make in NFS config (/etc/exports)

Code
    /mnt/media/storage      192.168.0.2/255.255.255.0(no_root_squash,rw,async,no_subtree_check)
    /mnt/tftpboot           192.168.0.2/255.255.255.0(no_root_squash,rw,async,no_subtree_check)

where "192.168.0.2" change to IP-address you remote machine (where LE be work).

PS. My remote PC get static IP from DHCP server.

PPS May be you try share and connect to you share analog? Create new (3rd) NFS shre with IP. And try connect over Kodi UI.

Edited 2 times, last by dipol0 (November 16, 2022 at 1:44 PM).

• The samples in the wiki are for NFSv3 servers only. For NFSv4 servers change the file system to nfs4.

Unfortunately there is no support or NFSv4 in kodi yet.