Simultaneous Audio Output

• Hi, I developed Dual Audio output support for Kodi (see the post in Kodi forum) and I think LibreELEC is a more practical build for most of the media player hardware. I start a post here mainly for getting support for building more ready-to-use releases for different hardware devices running LibreELEC.

Now I've built Generic/RPi version for testing purpose. I have an Intel NUC so that I can run this for test. I saw some demands that request this feature on other devices, because of limited time and devices, I might not be able to do it . You might need to build from the source code by your own which may be not easy for those non-geeky people. So, if anyone who are interested in compile more platform/device builds, please share those builds to me. I can gather them and put to download list.

GitHub Repositories: https://github.com/xhbl/LibreELEC_dualaudio]

Branches with name suffix '-DA' are the Dual Audio branches, e.g., libreelec-11.0-DA. Simply clone the repository and pull the proper branch to compile your own build.

Building instruction is exactly the same as the official version.

I put my latest build (Generic, RPi4, RPi2) below, will update more platform/device builds with your support. 😊

Releases:

-------------

11.0.1-DualAudio: Generic | Generic-legacy | RPi4 | RPi2 | More...

For sharing builds, you are welcome to reply this post or send email to me.

Edited 3 times, last by xhbl (March 21, 2023 at 2:31 AM).

• I have to report an issue. I do not have such problem with regular version of LE 11. When I connect by BT headphones the, connection takes long time and only one headphone works.

• Thank you, it works great.

Tested on RPi4.

On my earlier LibreELEC Kodi 18.9 the dual sound was no problem.

Simultaneously to TV and wired headphones.

I don't know why LibreELEC (or Kodi 20) removed it.

I've been searching for weeks and the only workable solution is yours, thanks.

Simultaneous audio to TV and bluetooth headphones is ok.

But the problem is with simultaneous sound to TV and wired headphones plugged into Raspberry 3.5 jack.

I've edited the config and it works – but it has bugs.

The sound in the TV is ok, the sound in the wired headphones is bad.

There is a lot of noise in the headphones, and when I play a movie the sound is like a dashed line – 3 seconds of sound + 0.5 seconds of dropout-silence. And this goes on and on.

Is there any solution to this please?

Thank you

• Does this mean I can use both HDMI outputs on a Raspberry Pi 4 ??

First one to TV, second one to AC Receiver? (because it doesn't work with eARC from TV)

• Does this mean I can use both HDMI outputs on a Raspberry Pi 4 ??

First one to TV, second one to AC Receiver? (because it doesn't work with eARC from TV)

Yes. You don't need simultaneous audio for this setup, so the regular LE will do.

• I have exactly same problem. Did you ever solve this issue?

Thanks

• Thank you for having this project! It is such a great feature! Hopefully it makes it one day to the official LibreELEC builds...:) Works great with 10.0.3. Bluetooth+Analog Stereo

• Hopefully it makes it one day to the official LibreELEC builds..

Never unless xhbl submits the feature changes upstream to Kodi. LE will patch Kodi for basic config and backport fixes, and in a couple of places where kernel UAPIs are still being defined (and thus Kodi cannot implement a standard yet) but we aren't interested in hacking major feature changes in - as our intent is to follow the upstream source as closely as possible.