Problem building package on LibreELEC 10

• Hi,

I'm having a problem building a package on LibreELEC 10.0.

The package in question is the Speech Dispatcher service. Many months ago I asked on this forum about integrating that package into LibreELEC 9.2, and I could add it without any problem after some modifications.

But now, trying to add this same package to LE10 I get the following error when building it:

Code
    CCLD     speech-dispatcher
    ../../src/common/.libs/libcommon.a(libcommon_la-speak_queue.o):speak_queue.c:function module_speak_queue_add_audio: error: undefined reference to 'g_memdup2'
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[3]: *** [Makefile:558: speech-dispatcher] Error 1

Looking on Google I found something about the system not being fully updated or something like that, but I don't understand what is the problem here, in LibreELEC 9 this builds without any problem.

Here is the package.mk:

Thanks for any help.

Edit: I have more information.

The problem seems to be related to this fragment of code:

Code
    #if GLIB_VERSION_CUR_STABLE >= G_ENCODE_VERSION(2, 68)
    playback_queue_entry->data.audio.track.samples = g_memdup2(track->samples, nbytes);
    #else
    playback_queue_entry->data.audio.track.samples = g_memdup(track->samples, nbytes);
    #endif

For some reason, it detects that GLib version is greater than 2.68, even if Glib's included with LibreELEC 10 is 2.67.2.

Edited once, last by nuive (November 6, 2022 at 2:17 AM).

• Go to Best Answer
  • nuive - issue is the way stable an unstable are handled in glib. Here is the fix - you are welcome to upstream it.