Rock 5B 3588

• I just saw a demo of the Rock B, Rock3588. It was just born so I don't expect LE software yet, but this baby is gonna scream! HDMI in and out! 16G RAM max. Stock fan looks a little toyish, but that was the only negative I could come up with on this new release.

Explaining Computers on YT has the review. :thumbup:

• There are several people on staff with RK3588 boards including the Rock B. There's quite a few drivers to be written before we'll be able to create usable images though so I wouldn't get too hopeful of seeing anything soon :)

• you sir, are a legend!

I have a rockpro64 that went tits up. I read that Armbian should be tried to see if the hardware is any good. I can't get armbian to boot. When it installs I see an error among all the text "direct firmware load for rockchip/dptx.bin failed with error -2", so I presume the HW has failed?

This is forcing me to find a new SBC.

I require USB3 & min of 4gb of ram. I don't game with it. It will be my entertainment center for movies.

Any suggestions?

I like the 5B. I could wait on drivers and perhaps, drop a little gift to show past and current appreciation. :cool:

• bosko1333 Initial support for the RK3588 SoC and core board peripherals are not merged into the upstream kernel and it will take time to work on u-boot support and media drivers etc. once those are finally merged. I'm sure we will have RK3588 images in the future, but right now it's way too early to think about creating anything. LE is not interested in images based on the vendor kernel (which is also incomplete but does exist). If the community wants to play with the vendor kernel it's welcome to.