Solved: Hifiberry Digi2 pro not working on RP4B with LE 10.0.3

• Hi,

I have a RP4B and a original Hifiberry Digi2pro HW2.1 used with LE 10.0.3.

I tried first

dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi-pro

in the config.txt as printed on the HAT

then I used

dtoverlay=hifiberry-digi

as decribed here Digi2-pro not found

Unfortunately in both cases, it doesn't appear in the system->audio settings.

Any suggestions what the cause is?

• Hi,

I'm using another, "hifiberry-dac" compatible module (Adafruit I2S Stereo Decoder UDA1334A - with RPi3B) without any issue.

In the config.txt I added only the "dtoverlay=hifiberry-dac"n nothing else. Now I'm using the LE 11.0 nightly, but before works with LE 10.0.2 too.

If you have problems with yours, check the config.txt (if you have any other I2S/DAC settings - "dtparam=audio=on" or anything with "i2s"), try another LE version (LE 11 nightly).

• Hi,

in between I use LE 11.0.3 and the hifiberry Digi2-Pro is still not recognized. I use RPi4B HW V1.4 and Digi2-Pro HW V2.1 which should be compatible, if I understand the blog from Hifiberry correctly.

Any ideas what I can do to get the board working?

Thanks in advanced.

• I tested my board at least with the HifiberryOS and

aplay -l

gives back:

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****

card 0: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac], device 0: HifiBerry DAC HiFi pcm5102a-hifi-0 [HifiBerry DAC HiFi pcm5102a-hifi-0]

Subdevices: 1/1

Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

So my board seems to work at all and is not broken as I thought before. What I don't understand, that it is rcognized as "HifiBerry DAC" not as Digi2-Pro. And of cause, why it doesn't work with LE.

• **** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****

card 0: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac], device 0: HifiBerry DAC HiFi pcm5102a-hifi-0 [HifiBerry DAC HiFi pcm5102a-hifi-0]

Subdevices: 1/1

Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

The output shows a DAC chip (PCM5102A), which you don't have. Your board has a digital-to-digital chip.

I think your HiFiBerry Digi2 Pro is broken. It's not detected correctly by HiFiBerryOS.

• So my board seems to work at all and is not broken as I thought before. What I don't understand, that it is rcognized as "HifiBerry DAC" not as Digi2-Pro. And of cause, why it doesn't work with LE.

Did you tried to add to the LE config.txt the "dtoverlay=hifiberry-dac" line?

It's interesting why the HifiberryOS detected your boards chip as "pcm5102a". Can post here a picture with your Hifiberrry board, and another one with the chip used on the board?

• Hi,

it needs some time, but now I found the root cause and the Digi-pro is running!

And to my shame it was so simple at least, that I'm a little bit anoyed of my stupidity. It was a mechanical thing, means I haven't mounted the HAT deep enough on the GPIO plug, what I didn't recognized, because I put all together in a self adapted case and the assembly wasn't easy at all and I don't wanted to dismount again.

So, thanks to all, which tried to help me and hope they are not to angry wasting there time.

With regards

Sindbad6