Clone existing LE 10.02 on a new SSD with exact same settings but w/o logs

• I want to clone my existing LE 10.02 setup for a friend - including all plugins, docker containers, etc. - i.e. exact carbon copy.

I can create a disk image with gnome Disks on my main PC, but the image size will be 500Gb and the target NVME is only 256Gb

I suspect Clonezilla will do the same, size wise, so:

Q1 - what's the best way to transfer my system files to a new SSD especially of a smaller size?

Q2 - what would be a terminal command to delete all logs, or alternatively just unwanted history logs with my personal data?

Thanks!

• install fresh LE at the new SSD, then rsync /storage from the old to the new hdd, should do it I think

docker etc might be dependent to the network device name, so you might need to reconfigure that if it won't work afterwards

• Sorry, forgot to ask - how do I clone my Kodi settings with rsync?

i.e. what is the source file/directory?

Thanks!

rsync -av -e ssh /storage/. root@new-libreelec-ip:/storage

rsync(1) - Linux man page

> what is the source file/directory?

He did say "/storage"

If you are concerned about privacy, just install new setup and all the plugins instead of copying data from your personal system. /storage will have your personal data and history. From recovery perspective you should learn to recreate your setup without having old system.

Edited 2 times, last by tokul (October 9, 2022 at 10:35 AM).

• Hi Tokul,

I was asking where the KODI settings are kept (i.e. the source folder for rsync-ing)

/storage is definitely NOT the correct answer for KODI, otherwise I wouldn't be asking

my /storage folder has nothing but 2 folders - /downloads and /docker (including docker related logs).

So, how do I clone/rsync my KODI settings from the old to the new LE installation?

• Hi Tokul,

I was asking where the KODI settings are kept (i.e. the source folder for rsync-ing)

/storage is definitely NOT the correct answer for KODI, otherwise I wouldn't be asking

my /storage folder has nothing but 2 folders - /downloads and /docker (including docker related logs).

So, how do I clone/rsync my KODI settings from the old to the new LE installation?

Writeable data storage for settings is in /storage. There is no way for others to guess which extra addons you got loaded on your system and where they store their data.