NUC6CAYH Audio problems

• so i installed windows and Kodi. HD audio doesnt stream in windows either.

i tried putting the hdmi firmware back to v1.72, which was the only version i can find a copy of. No change.

I tried rolling back a few versions of BIOS, no change.

Its wierd. this is exactly the issue people were having back in 2017. and these fixes are supposed to have sorted it from what ive read.

• It seems like BIOS AND Windows (!) graphics driver write some firmware, which will be used by LE: Click! So update both.

I was already using the latest bios and the latest HDMI firmware, both of which are much newer than the 2017 threads saying this was fixed with an update. i rolled both versions back a bit (but still newer than 2017) in case intel broke it again.

in windows i installed latest GPU driver and ran the HDMI update tool again. no change.

There was some suggestion that this only mattered when using an AVR with HDMI 2, but a lot of complaints didnt specifiy it was hdmi 2 on the AVR, but it exactly matches my symptoms.

One last attempt, ive brought it into the office today to try the HDMI update on a monitor with HDMI 2.0. It doesnt specify that it needs to be HDMI 2 in the intel documentation on the update, but its mentioned in some internet chatter.

During this update, the screen went black for a worrying amount of time, rather than just a second in previous attempts, so perhaps it has done something different this time... i'll try it when i get home.

If that doesnt work, i'll just switch off the support for DTS-MA and TRUE-HD in settings. I'm going deaf in one ear and ive got tinitus, so i doubt i can hear the difference anyway. I had being beaten by these things though haha.

• Guru reply: Very likely an LSPCon issue, because "DisplayPort" appears in the log. No solution, sorry. /shrug

The user from the link used the same NUC, and it worked for him. So either they use different LSPCon chips on the same NUC, or the old firmware worked, and they screwed something up later.

I can give you a link for LE 9.2.2, just in case you want to test...

• thanks, ill just leave it as it is.

Once i get a new tv, id be using arc or optical back to the amp, so no bitsreaming hd audio then anyway.

It works fine as it is, and hevc is better than the previous nuc.