NOOB needs some assistance

• Thank you for your patience. I'm pretty knowledgeable with a bunch of tech, but can't figure out this one. I previously had Libreelec on a Win7 based thin client, but that machine was replaced with an older Mac Mini:

• Mac Mini 2,1
    • OS-X 10.7.5
    • Core 2 Duo
    • 2 GB RAM
    • Intel GMA 950 graphics

It's a lot more machine than the thin client. I understand that the latest installer has yet to have Mac support released. I can't find nor figure out how to install the software package manually. I've checked the older versions, but again, can't locate instructions. Can anyone link to instructions or walk me through the install? I have access to another newer Mac (but not newest) as well as a Win10 machine (but not to run the LE from).

Thank you so much,

WP

• Libreelec is full OS. Installer that you see on download page does not install Libreelec. It creates bootable device with libreelec OS on it.

If you need just media center, you are looking for Kodi. https://kodi.tv/download/macos/

Thank you for replying.

I'm aware that LE is the complete OS. I've used the creation tool to create an LE drive on an SD card from my Win10 machine, which it does without a problem. I can boot to the SD card from a Win10 machine. Move the card to the Mac, and it is not recognized as a boot drive. I've formatted the SD as Fat32, exFAT, and NTFS. I'd format it in HFS but if there's no Mac creation tool, so I'd no way to move from the Win machine.

I'm asking if there is a way to manually create (from OS-X 10.7.5) the system or if there is an older version of the creation tool that will allow me to use LE on a Mac.

• I am not familiar with the first line of your reply. Where would I type this command? Am I replacing "path" with a path statement?

I was able to download the package from Dropbox. I first downloaded it onto a Win10 machine, transferred it to the old Mac, but it showed corrupted file. I then downloaded it from the Mac. It opened, wanted me to move it to Applications folder, and opened. I'm not sure if it's the limits of the machine & OS, but the creator opens but does not allow me to choose which package (processor, etc) to use. I've tried this on a Core2Duo Mac Mini with 10.7.5, as well as an i5 Mac Mini with 10.13.6, with the same results.

I appreciate you taking the time to help.

Thanks,

WP

dd if=/path/to/LE/image.img of=/dev/diskX .. where diskX is the SD card device.

You can try this too https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4fj9ebj8278….macOS.dmg?dl=0 .. but I think it only works for me because I have the code signing certs installed on my laptop.