SD Memory

• Hi
    Sorry I'm a noob, but I do try :)
    I've just setup LebreELEC for the first time, I have tried other Kodi installs, mainly for TV watching, but this is for a second project I keep promising to get started on... sorry I'm waffling.
    How do I expand the SD card back to its full size? previously I havent needed the storage but this time I'd like to use it to store a music collection for use with Kodi.
    I'll try to find an appropriate section for my other questions

Thanks
    Gary

• It is full size if you've done a normal installation.
    The sd card has a small read-only Fat partition (500MBish) - that's the one you see when you stick it in a windows pc.
    The rest of the card is filled by an ext4 partition that holds your data. You can stick your music on there via smb from your pc.
    If you open an explorer window on your pc and put \\192.168.xx.yy in the address bar (using the IP of your libreelec box / pi / thingumajig) you'll see a bunch of folders (shares) pop up. One of them is called Music. Copy and paste into that.

• Adding something to trogggy's explanation:
    It will expand itself upon first boot. That is why the first boot takes longer and involves an automatic reboot.

Thanks both for the prompt info, I've tried the ip link but its coming up with a cant connect error, i suppose this may be the router, its ISP provided and I've not delved into the security settings. by chance, sorry being lazy now as i should look it up, If I'm using a 32gig sd card will I get it all or is there a limit on SD size?

• Thanks both for the prompt info, I've tried the ip link but its coming up with a cant connect error, i suppose this may be the router, its ISP provided and I've not delved into the security settings. by chance, sorry being lazy now as i should look it up, If I'm using a 32gig sd card will I get it all or is there a limit on SD size?

My 32GB cards are fully expanded, I doubt there is a limit. The connection error might be either because you chose not the IP of your LibreELEC device :D or rather because you might have not activated samba/smb during initial LibreELEC setup? You do need to type in the double backslashes followed by the correct IP directly into your windows explorers (windows file manager) path bar (not the Internet Explorer). Or try otherwise \\libreelec . Perhaps that works for you as well :)

Edited once, last by infinity85 (November 23, 2016 at 12:46 AM).

• Sorted thanks, I know I'm using the Pi2 on this build but its a lot quicker than all the other ones i've tried, suppose i've no excuse now for not getting on with the jukebox :)