Remot MCE with C2

• Hi, try the following command:

Code
    cp /etc/lirc/lircd.conf.rpi .config/lircd.conf

The file lircd.conf is not present under default conditions in .config directory. So you'll copy the MCE Remote Mapping with this command and override the default lirc.conf in /etc/lirc (probably default uses original Odroid Remote mapping). Then reboot the system.

If it does not help, then simply delete the created lircd.conf in .config directory (ssh) respectively Configfiles directory (SMB) and you'll be back where you started. And post here for further assistance :)

Edited once, last by infinity85 (November 22, 2016 at 5:13 PM).

• Hello,

I have the current release installed on Odroid C2 (LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.90.010).
    Everything works fine but the remote is not working.

I want to use the remote of my bluray player (Pioneer) with the Odroid C2 and LibreELEC with the build in IR receiver.

If I run irw there is nothing recognized.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards

Hartmut

• You would have to follow this guide to use other remotes than Windows Media Center remote or the official Odroid remote. Following the guide, LibreELEC (Lirc) will learn to use all the buttons of your Pioneer remote. You can then backup the created "/storage/.config/lircd.conf", so that you can reuse it whenever you make a reinstall of LibreELEC or so, thus avoiding to do all the steps again and again.

• Hello,

thank you for the information.

I have some problems generating my own lirc.conf with irrecord.
    For nearly all the buttons of the remote irrecord recognizes the same code.
    Thats very strange.

Best regards

Hartmut

• Hello,

thank you for the information.

I have some problems generating my own lirc.conf with irrecord.
    For nearly all the buttons of the remote irrecord recognizes the same code.
    Thats very strange.

Best regards

Hartmut

hmmm strange.... :/... could you name the exact model of the pioneer bluray player? So I could program my Harmony Remote to imitate your pioneer remote and try it myself. Untunately I cannot promise to do it this weekend, I rather think that I could test it during next week.

Have you tried it with another remote instead of the pioneers one?

• hmmm strange.... :/... could you name the exact model of the pioneer bluray player? So I could program my Harmony Remote to imitate your pioneer remote and try it myself. Untunately I cannot promise to do it this weekend, I rather think that I could test it during next week.

Have you tried it with another remote instead of the pioneers one?

Hello,

the bluray player is a Pioneer BDP-180
    The remote is labeled "RC-2435".

No until now I have not tried another remote. But I should do so.

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards

Hartmut

• hi @hru,

I've now programmed my Harmony 950 to use your Pioneer BDP-180 profile and unfortunately I can confirm your issue.

Apparently only the cursors and cannel buttons result in discrete lirc codes:

KEY_UP 0x21DE
    KEY_DOWN 0xA15E
    KEY_RIGHT 0x619E
    KEY_LEFT 0xE11E
    KEY_CHANNELUP 0x21DE
    KEY_CHANNELDOWN 0xA15E

all the other buttons are recognized as 0x817E ir code. Thats really strange, never saw this behaviour on one of my remotes hm :/... I'm afraid you will have to use another remote hmm...

But anyways, why not use HDMI CEC, i.e. use your TV's remote to control the C2?

My test lircd.conf with your remote profile:

• Hello,

thank you very much for your assistance.
    I will now try to use another remote.

I do not use CEC because the TV is too old for CEC;-)

Best regards

Hartmut

• Hello,

sorry but I need your assistance once again.

I want to use the remote Hauppauge PVR 350.
    I have a lircd.conf file for this remote and copy it to /storage/.config and rebooted the Odroid C2 with LibreELEC.

But it does not work.
    irw does not generate any output.
    mode2 -d /dev/lirc0 does generate an output when pressing any key on the remote.

ir-keytable generates the following output:

Code
    Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event6) with:
            Driver meson-ir, table rc-empty
            Supported protocols: lirc rc-5 jvc sony nec sanyo mce-kbd rc-6
            Enabled protocols: lirc
            Name: meson-ir
            bus: 25, vendor/product: 0000:0000, version: 0x0000
            Repeat delay = 1000 ms, repeat period = 125 ms

lsmod generates the following output:

Any ideas what goes wrong?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards

Hartmut

• I'm not sure why you don't simply follow the guide for making your own lircd.conf...

I've tried it with my harmony... Your given profile does not work for me either. But following the above linked guide, I made a custom lircd.conf (see attachment: lircd_harmony-hauppauge-pvr350.zip)

The thing is that some buttons give the same codes:

• INFO and MENU button have the same code 0x17CD

• and the buttons SUBTITLE/CLOSED CAPTION/ # have the same code 0x17CE

This is likely because I used a harmony to simulate yours. Perhaps you don't even have some of the mentioned buttons on the Hauppauge remote. But as I said: Simply follow the guide to create your own lircd.conf and it will work this time with the hauppage remote. Seems to be a pretty appropriate one for LibreELEC :)

• I'm not sure why you don't simply follow the guide for making your own lircd.conf...

I've tried it with my harmony... Your given profile does not work for me either. But following the above linked guide, I made a custom lircd.conf (see attachment: )

The thing is that some buttons give the same codes:

• INFO and MENU button have the same code 0x17CD

• and the buttons SUBTITLE/CLOSED CAPTION/ # have the same code 0x17CE

This is likely because I used a harmony to simulate yours. Perhaps you don't even have some of the mentioned buttons on the Hauppauge remote. But as I said: Simply follow the guide to create your own lircd.conf and it will work this time with the hauppage remote. Seems to be a pretty appropriate one for LibreELEC :)

Hello,

many thanks for the lircd.conf.

I have tried it. But it does not work. irw also does not generate any output.
    I think the reason is not the lircd.conf but something else.

If I try to generate my own lircd.conf file with irrecord I get the following error message:

And there is no file created.

The command "mode2 -d /dev/lirc0"generates an output if pressing a key on the remote. See the attached file.

Have you an idea what is going wrong?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards

Hartmut

• Hmmm... unfortunately I don't have a clue what's wrong there :/. Perhaps the IR Receiver of your odroid is defective? May be try again another remote or another LibreELEC build (wrxtasy ODROID Forum • View topic - LibreELEC 7.1.3 - Kodi Jarvis - February update) and if that doesn't help either, then best would be to open a thread at forum.odroid.com with your issue... perhaps somebody can you give some advice there -_-.

Hello Infinity85,

thank you for your answer.
    How can I verify if the IR Receiver of the Odroid C2 is defective?

Best regards

Hartmut

• Hello Infinity85,

thank you for your answer.
    How can I verify if the IR Receiver of the Odroid C2 is defective?

Best regards

Hartmut

I don't know either, unfortunately. But that could certainly be answered at forum.odroid.com in hardware and peripheral or in issues section.