TVHeadend crashes system and forces into safe mode

• Hello, I recently set up LibreELEC with TVH client and server. I've had no problems accessing channels however today whenever I try to use the TVH client my computer crashes around three times before entering safe mode. I noticed a few days ago that whenever I would go to todays date in the EPG viewer the computer would crash. I haven't updated TVH client/server or LibreELEC since installation which was about two weeks ago. I have removed and reinstalled the TVH client and server. Reinstalling the TVH server seems to have temporarily fixed the issue, however navigating a few days into the future with the EPG viewer crashes LibreELEC.

Here's the link to the pastekodi file: http://ix.io/46yI and here's a link to the crash report: https://pastebin.com/n4YncGWv .

I noticed within the pastekodi file that there's a segmentation fault

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Code
    kodi.sh[943]: Segmentation fault (core dumped)
  • I will be very attentive to the answers because this problem is the reason that my TV server LE x86_64 is still stuck on LE 9.2.6. The TVH client and server tvheadend 4.2 or 4.3 addons are not to blame, I use docker tvheadend 4.3 and the same thing happens. At the moment the only solution I have found is to change the server to Ubuntu and compile the dvb drivers myself.

• Hardware is an Intel Core i5-2400 using integrated graphics and 12GB memory. DVB-S device is a USB Hauppauge Win-TV Nova S2 model 1676. For EPG grabbers I'm using OTA Freesat and Freeview, I'm also scanning mux 11778V daily.

• For EPG grabbers I'm using OTA Freesat and Freeview

why not use the TVH defaults or one of them.

to me it seems that could be the problem here, but I'm not the best crash log reader at all ...

from your crash log:

#0 0x0000000000c2e73a in PVR::CPVREpgTagsContainer

and

ERROR <general>: UpdateFromScraper: No EPG scraper defined for table '

I'm using TVH 4.3 on nightly without problems since month ...

• So your backend server TVH and your LibreELEC TVH frontend client are on the same machine. Is that correct.

I suggest disabling all your EPG grabbers and then enabling them one by one to see which one is responsible for the crashing. What priority is each grabber assigned.

• I believe that I've fixed the issue. My solution was that I reset PVR data from PVR settings, and then deleted TV.db, and EPG.db from userdata/database/. After a restart, the error has not reappeared since, and my EPG is being fully listed.