2 identical systems: PlayMedia behaving differently with NFS

• Hello everyone! Maybe someone can help me with this apparently paradox situation:

2 identical 4GB Pis running the latest Matrix to play MP3s from a Synology NAS via NFS

Random play from the start via autoexec.py in the autoexec service

Identical source file, identical command in the keymap file gen.xml:

<key id="200">PlayMedia(nfs://192.168.178.50/volumeUSB1/usbshare/Musik/!Mix,isdir,1)</key>

Synology creates “@eadir” entries in each folder, visible when accessing with NFS.

When I hit the id=200 key, one of my Pis begins playing a random MP3 from the !Mix folder, as it should, the other complains that the first entry in the folder, @eadir cannot be played.

Thank you for your time reading this – any help will be appreciated!

• Code
    find /volume1 -type d -name @eaDir -exec rm -rf \"{}\" \;

I've no idea why Kodi behaves like that, but the workaround would be to disable AFP services on the Synology box, as that's the reason @eadir files are created (to hold AFS metadata). It's unlikely AFP services are needed as all Apple kit from the last decade or more speaks SMB. Then do a recursive find/delete of the @eadir files with ^ the above command, reboot the RPi's and see what happens.

• Thank you very much for the command and the explanation. Since there are no AFP services running on the Synology box, it might be more tricky. I think I'm going to try UPNP before I dive into why Synology is creating these folders.