Posts by Richter

Just for your information from someone who doesn't know how to write code. I tried everything with no success until I asked ChatGPT: "what is the autoexec.py's content when I want to play a whole folder of mp3s?"

It gave me this with is the solution I've been looking for since the update:

If you want to play a whole folder of MP3 files using an autoexec.py script in Kodi, you can use the following example as a starting point:

In this example:

1. Replace "/storage/.kodi/media/MyMusicFolder" with the actual path to the folder containing your MP3 files.
    2. The script uses the os.listdir function to get a list of all files in the specified folder that have the .mp3 extension.
    3. It then creates a playlist using xbmc.PlayList(xbmc.PLAYLIST_MUSIC) and adds each MP3 file to the playlist using the add method.
    4. Finally, it uses xbmc.Player().play(playlist) to play the playlist.

Hello everyone.

It is very important to me that my three Libreelec machines start playing music upon startup. With an earlier version, this worked with an autoexec.py located in /storage/.kodi/userdata.

When immigrating to Matrix, I had to install an addon called "service.autoexec" with an autoexec.py in its folder. So far, so unnecessarily complicated.

Yes, I have been warned that some things won't work when automatically upgrading to Nexus, but that doesn't help much right now as there seem to be no viable solution to simply start playing some MP3 folder upon startup?

Does anyone know how I can do this in Nexus? That would be very, very much appreciated.

Hello everyone! Maybe someone can help me with this apparently paradox situation:

2 identical 4GB Pis running the latest Matrix to play MP3s from a Synology NAS via NFS

Random play from the start via autoexec.py in the autoexec service

Identical source file, identical command in the keymap file gen.xml:

<key id="200">PlayMedia(nfs://192.168.178.50/volumeUSB1/usbshare/Musik/!Mix,isdir,1)</key>

Synology creates “@eadir” entries in each folder, visible when accessing with NFS.

When I hit the id=200 key, one of my Pis begins playing a random MP3 from the !Mix folder, as it should, the other complains that the first entry in the folder, @eadir cannot be played.

Thank you for your time reading this – any help will be appreciated!