build error when creating filesystem on part 2

• Trying to build Libreelec from source, but having the following error:

any suggestion?

• Is there a way to create a tar file to put in /storage/.update instead of an .img file.
    I don't really need the .img file.

Edited once, last by indri (November 25, 2016 at 10:04 AM).

• how did you solve the issue ?

Try using newer populatefs. In LibreELEC folder run

Code
    wget -O populatefs.patch https://github.com/vpeter4/LibreELEC.tv/commit/b6cfd290a18ff761afe1c51984baf2dd319e88b4.patch
    patch -p1 <populatefs.patch
    PROJECT=... ARCH=... scripts/clean populatefs
    PROJECT=... ARCH=... make image
  • unfortunately , even with your patch I have the same issue

• Good evening,

If someone figures this out, I'd love to hear how this got solved. I poked around trying to find what could be causing this but my knowledge of the code for LibreELEC is very limited. I tried to compile for the three platforms I have here (RPi2, Imx6 and Odroid C2) and they all seem to end with the same error as well. I got the source out of git, if that helps.

For the time being, it's not s showstopper as I use the tar file to update an existing install.

Thanks
    P.

Edited once, last by PRochefort (January 10, 2017 at 3:32 AM).

• Our dear user ozolli kindly gave me access to his build box and I successfully identified the issue. He is using Debian GNU/Linux stretch/sid.
    LibreELEC is using host tools for formatting EXT4 partition. And Debian is using newer version of ext2 filesystem utilities
    which supports some new filesystem feature called metadata_csum. But e2fsprogs 1.42.13 used by LibreELEC doesn't understand that. And populatefs fail at the end.

There are 3 possible solutions:
    1.) If whole build is already done then mke2fs should disable some features (64bit,metadata_csum).
    The line should look like this in file scripts/mkimage:

Code
    mke2fs -F -q -t ext4 -m 0 -O ^64bit,^metadata_csum "$LE_TMP/part2.ext4"

2.) For new builds e2fsprogs package should be bumped to 1.43.3
    file packages/sysutils/e2fsprogs/package.mk
    3.) remove feature metadata_csum from /etc/mke2fs.conf
    for advanced users only!

Edited once, last by vpeter (January 10, 2017 at 3:32 PM).