LibreELEC 10 Dell Laptop with Discrete GPU HDMI not recognized

• Hello, I'm trying to get LibreELEC x86 on an older Dell laptop with a gtx950, but when I connect the HDMI cable nothing happens.

I've run xrandr and here's the output:

it says disconnected on HDMI1, my suspicion is that it's related to the fact the laptop has 2 GPUs, one that's built-in to the CPU and one discreet, and that I need some sort of tweak to tell LibreELEC to talk with the GeForce one.

Am I close?

• In the absence of a boot log that would show what the system is currently doing we can't say. If both GPUs are active the Intel one will be chosen first because we check Intel IDs first (and may find a match). That can be negated by blacklisting the Intel drivers (if they are built as loadable modules not built-in) or by overriding the udev rule that matches GPUs to skip the Intel section and go straight to nVidia. It's years since I touched x86_64 kit so I forget which is easiest or most applicable to current LE images; but maybe the udev approach.

• External Content pastebin.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Could you direct me towards any guides regarding both options you mentioned? Because I Googled both and everything I found was not applicable to LibreELEC.

• In short:

Disable Intel driver

Code
    >/storage/.config/udev.rules.d/97-xorg.rules

Disable nvidia driver

Code
    >/storage/.config/udev.rules.d/96-nvidia.rules
  • Use ls /sys/class/drm/

ls /sys/class/drm/

card0 card0-eDP-1 ttm

card0-HDMI-A-1 renderD128 version

Disabled the Nvidia ones and now it works.

One problem though, YouTube gives me 401 when I try to sign in.

EDIT:

I tried to actually use it with the Intel drivers, it cannot handle hevc video. so, how can I get the Nvidia drivers to work?

Edited 2 times, last by Undertaker666: Merged a post created by Undertaker666 into this post. (July 11, 2022 at 3:51 AM).

• Disabled the Nvidia ones and now it works.

Good.

One problem though, YouTube gives me 401 when I try to sign in.

Better use youtube thread in Kodi forum for such questions.

I tried to actually use it with the Intel drivers, it cannot handle hevc video. so, how can I get the Nvidia drivers to work?

Not possible (at least on LE).

1. LE only supports a single GPU and Intel drivers are required for output.
    2. There is no NVidia VDPAU support for HEVC in Kodi.
    3. I'm unsure what is supported at all in Linux for your NVidia Optmius system.
  • I'm unsure what is supported at all in Linux for your NVidia Optmius system.

I don't have an Optimus system, it's a regular dell latitude with a gtx 950.

So what you're saying is going Kodi on a full desktop Linux is my best bet?

Better use youtube thread in Kodi forum for such questions.

It was working for me on CoreELEC on an android box, so I thought there might be some tweaks on LibreELEC to get it to work.