Can't get Yatse/Kore Remote to work 10.0.2

• Hi all,

I am new to the OS . Running 10.0.2 on Pi 400

Tried both remotes and they are unable to connect to the pi400

Did some looking around and tried manual connection IP address and port 8080 still nothing. I have seen online tutorials with step by step guides mention "allow remote access via http" via "SERVICE SETTINGS"

I can not find that option.

Thanks in advance for you're help

JP

• In order for the option that you mention to appear, you have to switch kodi's settings level to "standard" or higher (actually anything but "basic") from the bottom left corner. It's part 3 here

https://kodi.wiki/view/Sett`

Thank you for getting back to me

I am in Expert mode already.

Under System i have the following choices;

file manager, add ons, system information event log

games interface, profile, system, libreElec

• You are one level ABOVE any menu that shows the "settings level" on the bottom left corner. Click e.g. on system and you will find it.

I have looked everywhere .. 1st i click settings and then go to services option. However i tried all other panels and options too in Expert mode

• This is libreelec settings, it has nothing to do with kodi settings. Choose another submenu from the settings, e.g. interface, or wait for someone that uses the estuary skin to guide you further.

I do not use it because I absolutely hate tile-styled interfaces, so I can't help you more.

• excuse the thumbnails i was trying to delete the picture instead of repeating the thumbnail 3 times

This is libreelec settings, it has nothing to do with kodi settings. Choose another submenu from the settings, e.g. interface, or wait for someone that uses the estuary skin to guide you further.

I do not use it because I absolutely hate tile-styled interfaces, so I can't help you more.

ok thank you for the info

• Go through Kodi menu Settings (Wheel) - Services - Control - Allow remote control via HTTP slider

Its not there. However i found it in the end and i thought i would share as it may save time for someone else

Running 10.0,2 It is not where the Kore support says it is .

Instead look under

Weather option (Expert Mode)

Once that is clicked you will see the following options

General

Control

UPnP/DNLA

AirPlay

SMB Client

Weather

Select Control and enable Allow remote access via HTTP

Thank you to everyone who replied and tried to help ..

This was really doing my head in .. must be a bug

Thanks for taking the time to help me

JP

• Thanks a lot JP. Using Coreelec but same process going through Interface> Skin> Configure skin...> General> Show weather info in top bar with a slider but when clicked on it opens the Settings/Services that now includes Control
    Freaking weird! Not included previously under System or Coreelec settings.
    No way in the world I would have found it without your clues!