LE 10.0.2 and Pi4: no CEC (Pi 3 ok)

• I tried to run LE10 on the Pi4 I have. I downloaded the 10.0.2 image, unplugged my Pi3 running LE 9.2.8 from the AVR (Denon X2400h), and started it up. It seems to work fine except that I can't get CEC to work.

I tried in 1080p 30Hz, 60Hz, 4k 30Hz, 60Hz, no dice. Whenever I connect the Pi4 and LE10 through the AVR: no CEC. If I connect the Pi4 directly to the TV's ARC plug (Panasonic OLED TX-55FZ950), CEC works fine.

If I put the Pi3 on LE 9.2.8 back, CEC works fine. If I put LE 10.0.2 on that Pi3, CEC works fine.

The only combination that doesn't work is Pi4 on 10.0.2 through the AVR. Nothing else changes, all settings, cables, etc are the same.

Any ideas?

• In Settings -> System -> Input -> Peripherals, do you see the 'CEC Adapter' driver listed there?

Nevermind, if CEC works when you connect to it the TV then the driver would be present. Sorry

• No definite ideas, but if it were me I'd try:

I would carefully check for any CEC settings in AVR menu and TV menu.

TV seems more likely to be setup correctly as it's working with a direct connection, but may have different configuration per HDMI port.

Try different hdmi ports on AVR and TV.

Unplug TV/AVR/Pi from mains and remove all hdmi connections. Leave unplugged for a minute).

Connect (just) hdmi leads from Pi to AVR and AVR to TV.

Power on TV. Then AVR. Then Pi.

• Hi all,

I have what comes across as the same issue, except my AVR is a Pioneer VSX-529.

- Plugging my Pi into the receiver: No HDMI CEC

- Plugging my Pi into TV regular HDMI port: No HDMI CEC

- Plugging my Pi into TV HDMI ARC port with AVR unplugged: HDMI CEC works!

- Plugging my Pi into TV HDMI ARC port with AVR plugged in again: HDMI CEC broken again

It seems like there's a bizarre interaction between the CEC from the Pi and from the AVI.

Did you find the same behaviour greycat?

• I've given up on the pi4 and 10.0.2. It's just too unstable for my liking and it's inferior to LE 9 in the sense that a significant chunk of my video library crashes LE10 but plays fine on LE9. And since I can't run LE9 on my pi4 for some reason (won't boot), I'm back to LE9 on Pi3, 4k be damned.

• Hi greycat

After much wrestling of powering the TV, hifi, and pi off and on again in different orders, I finally have it all working again as if nothing was ever wrong to begin with. I won't pretend to understand how I did it but now I am afraid of touching it lest I break it again!

I don't need 4k but the Pi 4 is the only Pi I have so i will sadly persist with the headaches until they are resolved. Good luck with your Kodi-ing!