LE 10.0.2 + Pi 4: black screen and no sound when playing H.265

• I've been struggling with the Pi 4 and LE 10.0.2 for months, and every once in a while I try again.

I'm trying to play an H.265 encoded movie using LE 10.0.2 on the Pi 4 through a Denon X2400h PVR at 4k.

Whenever I start the movie, the screen goes black, no sound output, and the remote doesn't do anything anymore. The only option is easier to pull the power from the Pi or to SSH into it and `reboot`.

LE or Kodi doesn't *seem* to be crashed, it looks like it's just playing the video file into the void.

Here is the debug log attached.

• LE10 nightly fixed it.

Are the nightlies safe to use in a "set and forget" manner, or are they unstable? Does the updater find new nightlies and applies them automatically?

• Thanks for reporting back!

The current LE10 nightly should be safe to use, we've been rather conservative and careful when updating the LE10 branch. But OFC we can't be 100% sure that something slipped through or will slip through in the future so always do it at your own risk.

I'm not sure if (auto-)updating LE10 nightly works as we've recently restructured the directory layout on the test server.

If in doubt just stick to the current nightly build, manually update it if you want or just update to the next official release when it's out (should be soon-ish, we're just waiting for Kodi 19.5 release).

so long,

Hias