RPi4, LE 10.0.2, official Touchscreen, analog audio: sound is pitched higher and stucks

• Hi,

I am glad that the current version of LE is available for RPi 3, too. So I had a chance to compare RPi3 and RPi4. (Thank you for that)

Since LE 10 I had problems with my RPi4 when streaming TV from an Enigma 2 box. Audio and video were after a while async.

Here is my setup:

- RPi 4

- official Touchscreen

- analog audio output

- network over LAN

Now, with the new version I give the RPi 4 and LE a new try especially your because of your hint for force_turbo=1 or core_freq_min=500.

And here is my "adventure" to get LE 10.0.2 almost running:

I set up the SD card, started my RPi 4 ... and the only thing I got was a black screen. With LE 9 I got a the LE GUI on my touchscreen. So I search this board and found the parameter dtoverlay=vc4-kms-dsi-7inch for the config.txt. After connection a HDMI screen and setting up the network I was able to add the parameter to the config.txt. Finally I got the touchscreen runnig.

Next step was to select the analog audio output. But I found only the digital output. After a look to the "Important changes since LE9.2" I added the required lines

dtparam=audio=on and audio_pwm_mode=1 to the config.txt. So I could select the analog output. I installed the Enigma 2 plugin to stream TV from my settop box, but something was wrong with the audio. It sounds like it was pitched up. Very strange when every character sound like a chipmunk. :) When I use HDMI output (to my external screen) the sound was correct. With the "pitched" analog sound I had anoter effect, too. Nearly every 10-15 seconds there was a short audio break. It looks like the RPi or LE is syncing audio and video again. I tried different settings for keeping frame rate etc, but nothing helped.

So I reactivated my RPi3 I used earlier with LE 9. I bought encoder licences for this RPi 3, too.

I installed LE10.0.2, made the same changes for touchscreen and analog output and finally: clear sound, no breaks during playback. Everything is fine.

I don't know where or what is "wrong" with my RPi4 or the installation / settings. But with the RPI3 everything is fine. My wife is happy to have her small TV in the kitchen again. And: happy wife, happy life :)

So please see this posting as an information, that there seems to be still something wrong. For me: I found a solution with my RPI3.

Regards,

Ironarrow