Control picture settings like brightness, hue, speed, etc. possible?

• I need a standalone video player hardware that is able to play local video files and which can be fully controlled via network / TCP (no GUI interaction). What I could not find inside LibreELEC so far is if there is a way to control picture settings like brightness, hue, speed etc. ON THE FLY during video playback? At least I need a smooth fade in and out at any point while playing a video, controlled via network. Adjusting picture settings at the connected monitor or beamer is NOT a solution for me as the player features should work with any connected output. So is LibreELEC the right solution for my demand?
    Thanks for any reply and idea.

Chris

• Kodi does not support fade in/out itself, but you could pre-process the video content to include those steps to effect nice transitions between videos in a playlist. I'd assume content used for advertising or kiosk type use-cases? will be pre-processed to ensure everything is correctly encoded for nice output anyway, so I'd build that book-ending step into my encoding pipeline. See https://donaldfeury.xyz/add-fade-in-an…ts-with-ffmpeg/ for one approach.

Kodi supports play/pause/stop and management of what's playing (or playlists) through APIs. It also has controls for speed, but you probably don't want to mess with speed for good output (again, if you do, do it during encoding). There are no controls for Hue and Brightness in Kodi (or at OS level in LE) - in our opinion (and what's been coded for) those belong to the TV not the player software.

LE/Kodi support basic kiosk/advertising type use-cases, but to do something more professional you probably want to develop a custom Skin that avoids OSD pop-ups during transitions and might need to make code changes to add features, and all the code is open-source to help with that kind of thing. NB: LE does not take on 'paid' projects, we're not resourced for that kind of thing. Kodi is much the same although some of their team are independent developers in their day-jobs and might consider paid work; but there is no formal channel to ask for a quote so you'd need to post in their forum and hope someone 'bites' on the opportunity (it's never guraranteed).

• Thanks for your kind and fast response, but pre-processing the video content is no solution for me. As said, I need picture control ON THE FLY during playback. The goal is no commercial use but for a private stage event where some video content should be displayed while a live music band is playing. So there is no static playing time and the video playback must follow the (often spontaneous) stage show, therefore pre-processing is no help.
    But thanks anyway for your answer, so I will search for another solution...