Going back to 9.2.8 from 10.x on RBpi3... is there an easier way?

• I did not check on the 10.x build for issues with a Raspberry Pi 3B. I have used LibreElect for a few years and have never had any issues upgrading.

I am having too many problems. I have a different SD card that I just put the 9.2.8 image on. Is there anyway to preserve my database and drive shares?

I did not do a backup before the "upgrade".

Can I save anything from my old setup?

Thanks.

• LE packaging makes a downgrade easy (same process as an upgrade, just using an older image) *but* Kodi does not support downgrades (only upgrades) so it's best to stop Kodi, rename the existing /storage/.kodi folder out of the way, then download the 'update' file to the update folder /storage/.update and then reboot. On restart you'll have a clean 9.2.8 install, but now you can stop Kodi, move files over from the LE10 install and then restart Kodi to restore the essentials. You should be able to move shares, thumbnails, add-on settings (but not the add-ons themselves due to Python3/2 changes). DB files depends on how you updated. If you ignored our advice and just updated then Kodi preserved/orphaned the old DB files during update so they won't be current but will exist. If you followed our advice and clean installed as part of the LE10 move there was nothing to preserve and the new DB files aren't backwards compatible (wrong versions). In theory you can export everything in LE10 and reimport to LE9, but (again due to downgrades not being supported) that may or may-not work. You can try it but if there are issue you'll need to just rescrape.

Old IT proverb: There are two types of computer user; those who make proper backups and those who didn't lose all their data yet.

• Thank you for the response. I don't know how to do any of that on A Raspberry PI and I don't have a linux box any longer.

I just rebuilt from scratch and now I am back 95% of what I had.