Parsec gaming add-on for RPI3 (new 2020)

• hey guys, in absence of a working parsec add-on I've created one, adapting the official raspbian build from parsecgaming.com

Hopefully it helps someone who was just looking to play some games from a rpi :)

get it here: parsec starter — Yandex.Disk

in order to use it, you have to:

1.install from zip

2.Reboot the pi (this is important)

3.start the addon

in order to have sound, you'll need to have "dtparam=audio=on" in your config.txt.

to add this, either insert the sd to a cardreader on PC and edit the file, or login to RPI via ssh and do:

mount -o rw,remount /flash

echo "dtparam=audio=on" >> /flash/config.txt

shutdown -r now

if you want to remove it (or start from scrach), just delete the addon from kodi, AND delete /storage/.parsec folder via ssh or samba

a few points you might want to know:

1: I only tested that it works on RPI3, but it will probably work on RPI2, though I don't have one to make sure

2: initial setup requires a keyboard attached for login/pass, as there is no on-screen keyboard. On subsequent program starts it will pick up settings automatically

3: In order to release controls, Kodi is stopped before running the program. Once Parsec terminates (choose quit) kodi starts back. Let me know if there is a more elegant way of going around this.

4.there are no settings in this add-on. You can use the .txt config if necessary

5.the program will output to whatever the videomode was set in kodi before you started Parsec. So, if you want to play in 1080p60, you need to set this mode before starting parsec. Maybe I'll see if this can be easily done through the xbmc api and add this later, idk

6. The program auto-updates itself, and keeps the updated libs (as well as settings) in /storage/.parsec

For me it works fantastically, but only when the host is using the nvidia card (1050Ti)

connecting to an Intel based host (haswell, broadwell) results in much worse quality, so, realistically, iGPU is a no-go

Let me know

• Thanks man, your addon works flawlessly.
    I tested the addon in a RPi3B+ with the version 9.2.4 of LibreELEC.

My host is a laptop with a 1050Ti.

The only problem i have is quiting Parsec when returning to KODI, all looks distorted but the resolution is still 1080p.

After that I must restart the system, to solve this, edit the line where KODI starts by reboot.

Greetings, and again, thanks for the work.

• I'm glad somebody found it useful! Would you care to take a pic of what you have after the kodi restart? Never seen that myself so a bit curious.

maybe your config.txt is different from mine, or host resolution, or default video mode in kodi, idk

• Came here from Reddit. I'd love to stream games via my RPi4. I don't want a second device like a Steam Link. I also can't get an RPi3 because all my media is in H265 10bit. So here I am trying this addon with my RPi4 4GB.

The installation process went fine. After installing I restarted Kodi. Upon launching the addon, Kodi freezes for two to three seconds before restarting. The addon doesn't launch. Is there anything I can do in terms of logs, etc. to get you some info about what's going on?

• This Parsec add-on (script.parsec-rpi.starter.0.1.zip) works perfect with LibreELEC version 9.2.x, but incompatible with LibreELEC version 10.0.x. @panshinator any plan to make it compatible?

• I'm still on 9, and currently away, so, this will take a while :) I'll look into this after May 10th and let you know

That will be great! BTW, I was able to install your add-on to 10.0.2 after modifying xbmc.python to "<import addon="xbmc.python" version="3.0.0"/> " in addon.xml, but got "out of range" on the screen when launch the parsec add-on from 10.

• so I looked into it, and found that LE10 uses a diferent driver (vc4-kms-v3d), while parsec app still relies on old stuff which is now dropped in 10. Making it work is probably possible, but it will require us to force an old video driver, which is, from what I understand, a wrong thing to do. So, I would suggest looking into moonlight-embedded starter script if you want to stream to LE10, or use this script on 9. I will stay on LE9 for now as I have no complaints about it.

TLDR: this is not working on LE10

• so I looked into it, and found that LE10 uses a diferent driver (vc4-kms-v3d), while parsec app still relies on old stuff which is now dropped in 10. Making it work is probably possible, but it will require us to force an old video driver, which is, from what I understand, a wrong thing to do. So, I would suggest looking into moonlight-embedded starter script if you want to stream to LE10, or use this script on 9. I will stay on LE9 for now as I have no complaints about it.

TLDR: this is not working on LE10

Thank you for your time to look into the issue! BTW, do you know if https://github.com/clarkemw/scrip…bedded-launcher compatible with LE10?