Looking to Merge Live TV with my IPTV list.

• LE doesn't have htop

Install the LE addon 'System Tools' and 'htop' is ready

the 224% CPU seems about right for these slower SoC's. Recording 3 streams and watching one is much less CPU intensive which is probably a better use case. TVHeadend on the RPi3 might be a little lighter

I no longer know if you are talking about NextPVR or LibreELEC. 224% CPU is certainly excessive and I would say impossible for LibreELEC. If this happens with NextPVR then the thing to do is avoid any type of transcoding to recover low throughput values. Recording three streams simultaneously can be very taxing when done on USB flash drives, but not on internal system storage.

• That

NextPVR was running on LE 10.0.2 RPi3 and it is all direct play and Kodi was playing fine as where the other On the Kodi summary page it was under 100% by quite a bit so 4 streams were not "impossible" although the OSD from the summary definitely bumped out the CPU. I don't now the load with TVHeadend and 4 HDHR network streams.

Thanks for htop here is with Live TV with 2 clients plus Kodi. Again with 3 recordings and Kodi live TV it is even lowered All of this is buffered to an SD card so I would expect a real setup would be better.

• You have to check your settings, I use LE as a main server on a mini PC, but I also have another remote secondary server similar to yours, armv7 Amlogic S912 with CoreELEC so you can compare: average CPU load 2% - temperature 51ºC. This secondary server gives us TV channels from SAT Hellas, receives TV channels from SAT Astra and all the media library from the main server.

• I don't know if it is much comparison, look at the Kodi difference mine ideals much higher and I don't think it is because of v18. You might use emmc too. I'll try CE on a vim3l or n2 and see.

Martin

• I think there are no major differences between CoreELEC and LibreELEC. CoreELEC is for Amlogic devices, and LibreELEC covers many more devices. In short, you will not notice the difference in performance.

What puzzles me about your device and I can't see is why do you use 'dotnet', what operating system do you use? In my case it is quite simple: I use coreelec including tvheadend, docker, entware, wireguard and zerotier services.

• Not sure I understand the question, I've told you I am running LE on the RPi3. That dotnet is simply because the NextPVR server is a netcore app. I could run it in a docker and hide all that, but I figure running the service natively would be more efficient, the RPi3 has only 1GB and the Docker is on SD card. Jellyfin and Emby native would look like that too.

What I was getting at is the RPi3 kodi.bin is running 58% CPU, yours is running 13%. My test RPi3 doesn't get close to that even at ideal.

• You are right, considering that LE and CE are similar, the differences in % CPU usage of the kodi service seems to be due to the characteristics of the processors.