Raspi 4 B LibreELEC restet setting after first reboot

• Hello,

after a fresh installation of the LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-10.0.2.img on my Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Kodi starts and show the first installation assistant. After finish the assistant I do the first reboot and it takes a long time to boot (10 min). When it finally starts the first installation assistant is showed again and all previous settings are gone.

I tired the LibreELEC.USB-SD.Creator and the Raspberry Pi imager both with the same result. I used different SD cards, also with the same result.

When I install Raspberry Pi OS with same SD card everything works and also after reboot the settings still persist.

There are no logfiles, the only message is Kodi successfully started.

One more thing I edited the config.txt with Notepad++ on Windows before add the SD card into the Pi to get hdmi signal. The following lines are added:

hdmi_force_hotplug=1

config_hdmi_boost=4

Any Ideas or hints for me? I'm lost. Thanks

Edited once, last by da.gloa (April 20, 2022 at 7:43 PM).

• Now I tried to do a backup in LibreELEC but when I restore it , a reboot is necessary and that ends up again in a lost of all settings and going back to default and showing the first installation assistant.

For me it seems to be a problem or saving the changes or a problem after reboot that maybe an emergency event triggers a restore of the default settings.

Any ideas ? Thanks

• Install. Finish the setup wizard. Go to LE settings and update the RPi firmware(s). Avoid restoring backups from LE 9.x as these will restore Python2 add-ons that often cause issues (hence all the "clean install" advice for LE10). If you really need/want to restore things do a manual unpack of the .tar backup file and then manually restore only the bits you really need.