RPi controlled by IR remote: is it possible to turn it on by it?

• That's a clean and smart approach. I should already have some of them... I remember about using one long ago to build a pogo-pin JTAG connector for a router. The only variable is how to arrange the various boards on it to optimize space and the length of connections: challenging! Thanks for your advice! :)

Edited once, last by -=guybrush=- (June 3, 2022 at 8:49 AM).

• this is in total similar to this board, which costs 15€ (plus delivery). But it seems to be available only in some parts of the EU.

this one is the same board from BerryBase, but availabkle in full EU and Switzerland/Norway.

Edited once, last by wtuppa: Ein Beitrag von wtuppa mit diesem Beitrag zusammengefügt. (May 26, 2022 at 1:11 PM).

• this is in total similar to this board, which costs 15€ (plus delivery). But it seems to be available only in some parts of the EU.

this one is the same board from BerryBase, but availabkle in full EU and Switzerland/Norway.

I was aware of those hats but including postage we're going around €25. For less than an half, I have the 3 in 1 remote and the power supply too and I completely control every function of the RPi (not just turning it on and off).

To all of the above I add the personal satisfaction of having thought and built something which perfectly suits my needs by myself. It's clear that, as already explained, what you can see above isn't the finished product for me but I plan to do exactly what Da Flex was suggesting. Just my idea, not necessarily the right one and it remains that those hats are absolutely interesting stuff and an effective solution for everyone who doesn't like to spend the time I've spent (not that much anyway) and just have something which works OOTB so definitely a useful advice from you as always! Have a nice day! 😊

• I was aware of those hats but including postage we're going around €25. For less than an half, I have the 3 in 1 remote and the power supply too and I completely control every function of the RPi (not just turning it on and off).

it allows to fully control the RPi with IR remote control, not onlz power on/off, since the IR signal is forwarded to the GPIO pins of the RPi.

• it allows to fully control the RPi with IR remote control, not onlz power on/off, since the IR signal is forwarded to the GPIO pins of the RPi.

My mistake. I was confident those hats come with just a two buttons remote to turn it on and off like others (the second button being actually useless). Probably they have a learning function to let the user adopt a remote with more keys like the ones you've formerly talked of at the beginning of this thread. I should have checked better and just the bigger header could have led me in the right direction...

As I was already saying, those hats (all the ones you've drawn to our attention) are an effective solution and I thank you for all of your advices, always very clear and very well detailed. It remains I'm very happy with my setup, just in need of a bit of tidying up work (much more than a bit! ;) ). Have a nice day!:)

Edited 7 times, last by -=guybrush=- (June 8, 2022 at 10:58 AM).