Bug report Rpi4 + Libreelec nightly 20220321 becomes unusuable after too many program changes

• Dear all,

I'm running a system consisting of a rpi4 8GB + LibreElec nightly 20220321 + Samsung 4K Monitor + Hifiberry AMP100 board + powered USB-Hub (this one https://www.amazon.de/CSL-Verteiler-…d/dp/B01K7RR3W8) + DVD-burner, USB-thumbdrive, USB-remote

I've changed a few settings:

Instead of Video-> Direct to Plane I use Video -> EGL (otherwise I experience Audio/Video out-of-sync-issues).

config.txt:

gpu_mem=384M

framebuffer_depth=32

otg_mode=1

hdmi_enable_4kp60

dtoverlay=hifiberry-amp100

MALLOC_ARENA_MAX=2

initramfs edid.cpio

<advancedsettings>

<cache>

<memorysize>104857600</memorysize>

<readfactor>10</readfactor>

</cache>

</advancedsettings>

If you boot the system, all add-ons are running smoothly, even at highest available resolution (tested with "ARDundZDF", netflix, "Arte Concert").

As long as you don't change the channel or show that you're playing, it stays smoothly for a long time.

However, if you're changing the live TV programm or show too often, the system starts to buffer up to a point where it becomes unusable, get's stuck and eventually reboots.

After the reboot everything runs smoothly again.

I can reproduce it with Ethernet as well as with a Wifi connection. Our internet connection is excellent.

I've read about users with similar cases which were caused by a Widevine-Update in Jan this year. That's why I set up a test-system without installing the Widevine-DRM. On this system, I could of course only test "ARDundZDF" as well as "Arte Concert", but no netflix.

I could still reproduce this error on such a system, hence I conclude that it is not caused by Widevine in my case.

Moreover, this bug comes up either when only using any single Add-On or when using different Add-Ons one after each other, so I'd conclude that it is not caused by a specific Add-On, but by a some more system-wide part.

I created a system-log today. With all the debugging on, the system visibly lagged, but this is not the case when debugging is turned off. At the end of the log, the system froze (as before) and I turned it off manually.

I am happy if someone could help me to fix this issue.

Edited once, last by daniel235 (April 7, 2022 at 6:32 PM).

• Code
    config.txt:
    gpu_mem=384M
    framebuffer_depth=32
    otg_mode=1
    hdmi_enable_4kp60
    dtoverlay=hifiberry-amp100
    MALLOC_ARENA_MAX=2
    initramfs edid.cpio

gpu_mem=384M - Remove it. That memory is likely just being wasted.

framebuffer_depth=32 - Remove it - will have no effect when kodi is running

hdmi_enable_4kp60 - you need an =1 on end to do anything

MALLOC_ARENA_MAX=2 - Remove it. This will have no effect in config.txt