Posts by daniel235

Hello smf007

thank you for your recommendation. I tried out several nightlies to figure out when it happened:

7-09

7-14

7-18

7-19

7-20

The above listed nightlies all could play DVDs on my rpi4

7-23-0008ab5

7-30

9-03

11-15

These nightlies do not play (dvdcss-) DVDs anymore.

There are no further nightlies available between 7-20 and 7-23.

There are several commits listed for the time between these three days, including rpi upates.

Thank you for your reply and sorry for my late response, abws.

The below listed weblink to the image from June can play DVDs, I tested it today.

Code
    https://upload.uni-jena.de/data/6355ba7f2f2937.24058939/LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20220618-b78941a.img.gz

The current nightlies from October however show this error with the same DVD on the same setup in verbose-mode:

Recently I updated my system to LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20220903-97c088f

and later on I also verified this issue with a complete new vanilla installation w/o any custom Add-Ons installed nor any custom settings.

When I try to play back a css-DVD on that machine, the DVD starts rotating, then the rpi works for a while on it (blue moving circle shown on display) and then falls back to the main menu.

I tried it with three different DVDs and I can verify that in July, DVD playback worked great with the very same components and libreelec.

I also updated the kodi log here.

Yes, I understand.

In my case, the current nightly image runs much more stable than the last stable release from march. All my add-ons from the stable add-on-repository are compatible except libretro.

If there is a way to test a newer buiild of this particular add-on, I'd be happy to test it.

Dear all,

I'm running a system consisting of a rpi4 8GB + LibreElec nightly 20220321 + Samsung 4K Monitor + Hifiberry AMP100 board + powered USB-Hub (this one https://www.amazon.de/CSL-Verteiler-…d/dp/B01K7RR3W8) + DVD-burner, USB-thumbdrive, USB-remote

I've changed a few settings:

Instead of Video-> Direct to Plane I use Video -> EGL (otherwise I experience Audio/Video out-of-sync-issues).

config.txt:

gpu_mem=384M

framebuffer_depth=32

otg_mode=1

hdmi_enable_4kp60

dtoverlay=hifiberry-amp100

MALLOC_ARENA_MAX=2

initramfs edid.cpio

<advancedsettings>

<cache>

<memorysize>104857600</memorysize>

<readfactor>10</readfactor>

</cache>

</advancedsettings>

If you boot the system, all add-ons are running smoothly, even at highest available resolution (tested with "ARDundZDF", netflix, "Arte Concert").

As long as you don't change the channel or show that you're playing, it stays smoothly for a long time.

However, if you're changing the live TV programm or show too often, the system starts to buffer up to a point where it becomes unusable, get's stuck and eventually reboots.

After the reboot everything runs smoothly again.

I can reproduce it with Ethernet as well as with a Wifi connection. Our internet connection is excellent.

I've read about users with similar cases which were caused by a Widevine-Update in Jan this year. That's why I set up a test-system without installing the Widevine-DRM. On this system, I could of course only test "ARDundZDF" as well as "Arte Concert", but no netflix.

I could still reproduce this error on such a system, hence I conclude that it is not caused by Widevine in my case.

Moreover, this bug comes up either when only using any single Add-On or when using different Add-Ons one after each other, so I'd conclude that it is not caused by a specific Add-On, but by a some more system-wide part.

I created a system-log today. With all the debugging on, the system visibly lagged, but this is not the case when debugging is turned off. At the end of the log, the system froze (as before) and I turned it off manually.

I am happy if someone could help me to fix this issue.

Hello,

some TV-live streams as well as some media library content (i.e. everything at ARD & ZDF Mediathek as well as Kika, but netflix and ARTE work fine!) show large out-of-sync issues of several tens of seconds on Libreelec with Kodi Matrix as well as on the newest nightly (LibreELEC-RPi4.arm-11.0-nightly-20211210).

After some searching, I found this post and I can confirm that I experience the very same behaviour on the current nightly:

Bernbacher
    July 9, 2021 at 11:20 PM

I switched off DRM Prime now and it seems to be solved. It would be nice if either DRM Prime is off at default since it was, at least for me, a long way to figure out the reason for this, or if the underlying issue in DRM Prime could be adressed.

Thank you, Daniel