About new board based on RK3399

• Hello,

I have a 3399 based board and I also have a DTS file that I want to add to LE and then generate the corresponding firmware.

Is it correct to modify the three places of source/u-boot/ in LE? That is, add the DTS file, modify the Makefile, and then add defconfig . Then make a Patch, and then build, is it enough?

What is the naming rule in LE of the patch file?

• Do you have the Linux dts file, the Android dts or dtb file won't work.

And is it for kernel 5.17?

Otherwise it won't work.

You need to add the kernel patch and check u-boot to build an image.

• a) Patch upstream kernel sources to include the dts and build the dtb

b) Patch upstream u-boot sources in include the dts with a u-boot config file

c) Generate patches for the kernel and u-boot changes; ensure those patches apply on-top of existing LE package patches

d) Add patches to the 'patches' folders of either the packages or under projects/Rockchip/devices/RK3399/patches/(linux|u-boot)

e) Modify scripts/uboot_helper to add a device using the kernel dtb and u-boot config file

f) Build the image

There aren't really instructions for this anywhere; GitHub commits serve as 'prior art' and there's a deliberate low-bar requirement for some initiative and general understanding of how distro image building and build-systems work.

• Thanks a lot for such a detailed explanation.

Because it is my first time to do the adaptation of new device, so many are not clear, can you explain it in detail?

a) What are the upstream kernel sources? My current DTS is obtained from the Repositories supported by the current board . In addition, in which environment is dtb built?

b) For the u-boot config file, I got the file named xxxx_defconfig from the current board wiki support library, is it this file?

c) "ensure those patches apply on-top of existing LE package patches", how to do this specifically?

e) Is there a specific smaple you can refer to?